xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamescoper

Amazing Php Framework!

I found this brilliant PHP framework its called CodeIgniter. It has everything you need to make a website in PHP, it has a system like many CMSs and has tonnes of classes from xml-rpc to to sessions. It also has an optional template parser which you can customise to your scripts needs, it does caching, javascript (yes it can output javascript), xml, html (it has a html helper file to output html code which won't collide with any " or '. Basically this framework can do anything and the best thing about it is that its opensource, free and has tonnes of documentation and support (you wont need the support just the documentation). Here is the link https://ellislab.com/
codeigniter

THanks for sharing, I've been meaning to look into a PHP framework sometime in the future but its only because I'm still learning the ropes with it now. A framework will obviously make coding alot easier if its easy to use and understand. Is this the only php framework you've tried out?

Is this the only php framework you've tried out?

Although i am not the topic starter, i have personally started using the Smarty template PHP framework for this CMS i'm working on. After going through the documentation and their guestbook example, i have found it quite easy to use. It's similar to the logic found in Code Igniter's, but it takes a different approach. I'm not sure which one came out first, though, but Smarty has served its purpose for me.