xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elaks

I Have The Power! - Of Numark Turntables.. Im just trying to steal your organs, but read the topic anyway.

Posted Image
A length ways shot of the two turntables (TT1610) surrounding the mixer (DM950).

Yup, after a lot of planning and deciding I finally got my Turntables. I was inspired after seeing alot of work on them; I heard alot of 'Grandmaster Flash' as a kid and just recently I've been impressed with 'DjRavine'.

Posted Image
Another Christmas present, a fantastic and underrated remix.

I was given the following records as a present:

• Sugarhill - Rappers Delight (Long version) 12"
  • Beastie Boys - No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn / Time to get Ill / Fight for your Right to Party! 12"
  • Chic - I want your love / Good Times 12"
  • Dj Tiestio - Adagio for Strings (Wrongun! Remix as pictured above) 12"
  • House of Pain - Jump Around / Jump Around Remix1 / Jump Around Remix2 / The House of Pain Anthem 12"

Posted Image
The RPM buttons, the speed adjuster and the arm.

I'm just here to post some pictures. I've set the TurnTables up on the floor as I'm lacking in table space at the moment, but from what I've seen I've been given a very professional kit. I still need to work on my beat matching, and for that I really need some good speakers- something else I'm lackign at the moment.

Posted Image
Oh my.. WEEEEEEE! Yes, it'a playing a record!

You wouldn't believe some of the things I've been trying to mix. My dad's given me some James Brown vinyls and I've been combining his powerful singing with the powerful beats of Dj Tiesto's master piece- in other words it sounds crap. :)

Hope to hear from any fellow Djs here just for some information on what kit they use and what they mix. Bye people. :(