xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce517

What Is Xfire?

Xfire i guess is like a buddy list for gamers. or kindave like a Gaming version of myspace.
It tracks if your friends are online or off and what game they are playing even the server they are on.

I found it on a google search havnt tried it yet but i think it will be pretty cool.

here is a link to the site if you are interested. http://www.xfire.com/

I was once an active CS 1.6 gamer. I was a member of a clan, and they suggested me to get Xfire. I didn't know what that was, I downloaded it and it was cool! I used it in all the games that I played. That program is pretty amazing, but yet I don't use it anymore at this time.

Bruce517, if you haven't tried it yet, then you should go ahead and try it.

I used to have it as well. I don't remember how to access it exactly, but there was a feature that actually tracked how long you played each game (if you launched it from XFire), and you could get a forum signature that displayed those stats. Something like this.

As people said before it was an engine used to help people joining their friends Counter-strike, Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament, and many other servers. It was a great way to play with friends without going through the hassle of finding the servers or when you couldn't add the server's IP to your favorites. I used to use it but I haven't for a long time because most of my friends have stopped playing those kind of games sadly. I do suggest you get it if you and your friends want to play these kind of games a lot though, and it can also be used as a messengering system in case you want to talk to them as well. I don't believe it has a voice interaction installed, but again I used it a long time ago.I hope that helped! Jester