xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Hotmail Changes have a question

Hotmail recently changed their format rather drasticly. I personally hate it, but what can you do? I'm slowly getting used to it, but the one thing I haven't figured how how to do is to make it show more than 20 or so messages per page. In the old hotmail I had 50 per page. There was a place you could go into and change it in the old version, but I can't find it anywhere on the new one. It's a real pain because I have customers that I communitcate with often several days apart, and the messages get on the second or even third page and I tend to forget about them. Anybody know how (or if) I can fix it?

yes its really true hotmail has really made a mess with the new change.It hate it ,and i don't liked that we could have only 20 messages per page and not 50 messages per page.I think hotmail shouldn't change or upgrade its service so hurriedly,the service should also think about the user needs or requirements.I really looking forward for the next upgradation,and just hoping that my needs gets fullfilled in the next upgradation.Hey I also cannot find a way to change new version of hotmail to old version of hotmail.But I really liked the cool hotmail service,with this service you can have so many different types of Email ID's. :)

I deteste the new version too, I was so used to the old one when I found they had suddenly changed it.Plus that blue colour is horrible, to me the black is the only colour vaguely likeable. Also the fact we can only have 20 messages on a page bugs me too, as now all my messages come out in more pages than before.The last thing I hate about it is that its so Vista orientated...

Well thanks guys, it's good to know that it is hotmail and not just me being a dummy. I have used hotmail for years and years, it was my very first email account. I really do like it, or did anyway. I didn't like the looks of the Window's live mail, because it does look like the outlook express, which I have always hated. I was always afraid of getting viruses with it because you can't delete a message without opening it, or at any rate, I never could figure out how to. Well, maybe they will take a hint if enough of us gripe at them and they will fix the problem the next time around. Or maybe sooner, since they don't change it often, which I suppose is a good thing, I always seem to be half asleep when I try to read emails and when they make changes I hate it when I have to pay attention to what I'm doing. I knew where everything was in the old hotmail and could manage it when I was 1/2 asleep.

i agree but i don't hate the new hotmail. i don't particularly like it thought but it looks 7 leaps better than yahoo mail and gmail and aol and anything else out there lol. the old hotmail was better. i don't get this windows live crap. msn is still around but windows live has taken over most of its services. companies like yahoo and aol are way more organised its just yahoo. now we have msn and live both around and i just don't get it lol. but i'm still a loyal supporter of hotmail.

I like the new Hotmail. It's so Gmail-like but betters gmail when you employ things like the reading pane etc. I think now they have a service we can talk about. I've always had a hotmail account but I never took it seriously. I think now I can start using it.

Hotmail recently changed their format rather drasticly. I personally hate it, but what can you do? I'm slowly getting used to it, but the one thing I haven't figured how how to do is to make it show more than 20 or so messages per page. In the old hotmail I had 50 per page. There was a place you could go into and change it in the old version, but I can't find it anywhere on the new one. It's a real pain because I have customers that I communitcate with often several days apart, and the messages get on the second or even third page and I tend to forget about them. Anybody know how (or if) I can fix it?

Don't use Hotmail. If anything use gmail, or yahoo. Hotmail has to be the worst email providers period. I remember when I used hotmail, I never received any of my emails or anything. On top of that, their email services are very insecure and one of my email accounts actually got hacked and i cannot login into it anymore. So my advice would be for you to just get a new email service, period. Hotmail sucks.... Big time.

I know heaps of people who hate it. It's good to see others share the concerns.I would switch to GMAIL in a heartbeat, but I don't think its possible to use it with MSN, and I would need to transfer ALL my contacts over and all the hundreds of saved emails it just wouldn't be worth it.And I would be pedantic to think they would have an option just to switch it all over in one click. LOL.A200 :lol: