xisto Community
QueenBee

Abstinence?! To sex or not to sex...That is the question

Does anyone believe in abstinence anymore? I used to believe in it, but now I'm not so sure. I think I am the only 18 year old girl I know, who is still a virgin! But I'm starting to think, it's a lost cause! What's the point anymore? I mean I'm not saying I'm gonna start turning into a giant *BLEEP*, but this whole "saving myself for marriage" thing seems pointless at this day and age. I don't know what to do. :)

I believed in marriage before sex. Then I met my ex boyfriend, who I spend all day 'with' instead of going to school.Then when we broke up, i convinced myself i was a lesbian. That only lasted until i was started network engineering..and met my current boyfriend. who is a great lay.

Well the term abstinence and its meaning maybe dead but its principals are still the same; however, the last 2 generations (generation x and the 21st century) has seen the rapid decline in maturity in the sense that kids not even old enough to drive are getting pregnant either by accident or they believe they are ready. There are two definitions to what it means to have sex and since generation x everyone been enjoying the second definition, which by the way is having lots of it and disregarding the emotional and love behind it.As for strange garden's comment yes men are the reason women become lesbians :), its true, and thanks to that I can't get a date any more :(. Of course there is more to that which I won't get into but either way if think just because everyone else is doing it and you should do means your being immature about it, and if you think just because you have a kid makes you mature guess again. Best example to prove that is Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney's sister, and right now that guy should be in jail because of the laws that constitution have sex with a minor when you 18+, and although I somewhat commend her on the fact she plans to take care of this kid, I don't commend the fact she was irresponsible about this. Now she has to give up her life as a kid and hit the cruel world of being an adult, and as for that track record the spears family has gone the other way on that.Either way if your not sure your ready, then hopefully that person you plan to have that relationship understands that because if they don't then you will know why relationships don't last as long and 50% of the marriages end in divorce, all because of sex, go figure on that.

I don't know but you need to stop bugging me. If you don't like drugs and alcohol...GOOD FOR YOU!!! But you don't need to rub it in my face and preach to me. Now go stalk someone else you weirdo!

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

Well I won't be turning into a Jamie Lynn Spears any time soon, but you know today's society is very immoral when it comes to sex. But I guess you're right. :)

Notice from truefusion:
Merged. Please use the edit feature rather than double posting. The posts were 4 minutes apart.

Well I won't be turning into a Jamie Lynn Spears any time soon, but you know today's society is very immoral when it comes to sex. But I guess you're right. :)

hey queenBee,

lol, now you know another 18 year old who's a virgin 8-)

I come from a muslim family and although I have been brought up in umm i should say "modern ways" (meaning I'm not forced to wear the all covering cloth and all that) my parents have made me understand that being a virgin for your marriage is something ery important...

personally i think there are some reasons behind it, especially if you live in a country like mine where reputation and honor is so very important...

but hey, being a virgin doesn't mean you can't have fun ;p believe me,hehe

and ya,if you wanna get to know other 18- year old virgins, i'll be very glad to help,hihi

cheerz

Sadly I don't wear a white collar and I don't have white hair so I can't be a preacher, sadly what I said is as close to the truth as it possible can be. Also we fall in the same generation, although I am bit older, so I seen things you wouldn't even believe if I told you, either way you don't have to listen to what I have to say I let the cruel world tell you that. Its true the whole saving yourself til marriage is as useful as a $2 bill in a $1 store, you can blame the catholics for that one, but either way it shows self control and the fact your not like some people who try to star really early. It reminds me of all those talk shows were those spoil kids ar one and start yelling "whatever, you don't know me" and wave their hands in the air, because of the environment they live and what they believe is cool just because some guy will give them anything they want or they they are old enough to do whatever they want.Anyways there is nothing wrong it regardless what other people say, and of course the guys who all they do is get some action and try their hardest to get you convince otherwise, and put another notch on their belt for deflowering a virgin. But what do I know.Off topic--I'm a weirdo??? :) And I thought I was some crazy guy who sits in tree stealing people's internet connection, but now I am a weirdo :( **runs to room crying**

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Here are a few things about marriage and self control and why it should be practiced:

It prevents foolishness, guilt and regret.

If you are capable of affording a wedding, then you are capable of supporting a child. And i'm not talking about the cheap ones that people elope to.

Marriage provokes couples to work at their relationship. This in turn is helpful to their children, if any, and the couple themselves.

Marriage tends to make the person consider their spouse more than just a "fling." For if one gets pregnant and the father of the child is a drug addict or a drunkard or whatever, guess what kind of father the child has to look up to. Likewise for the mother.

There are more reasons for marriage and self control, but i'ma summarize it down: It's not just about the two that come together as one but also about those that are affected by their actions. You can't just think about yourself and what you want, you have to consider what will be the consequences of your actions before acting.

And in this day and age, common sense is not common and a lot of people seek their own desires, that is why marriage "doesn't work."

I don't know but you need to stop bugging me. If you don't like drugs and alcohol...GOOD FOR YOU!!! But you don't need to rub it in my face and preach to me. Now go stalk someone else you weirdo!

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

Notice from truefusion:
Merged. Please use the edit feature rather than double posting. The posts were 4 minutes apart.
Wow, you are really annoying. Last night you were the only person on hense why ~I~ was the only person replying to your thread. I went to your Xisto profile, and that makes me a stalker? lol, ok.

Don 't flatter yourself.

Does anyone believe in abstinence anymore? I used to believe in it, but now I'm not so sure. I think I am the only 18 year old girl I know, who is still a virgin! But I'm starting to think, it's a lost cause! What's the point anymore? I mean I'm not saying I'm gonna start turning into a giant *BLEEP*, but this whole "saving myself for marriage" thing seems pointless at this day and age. I don't know what to do. :)

lol i just saw a family guy on abstinence it was pretty funny but yeah i think that the term is pretty much dead to society now days...

granted you may not be a weirdo, but you got to agree that was a weird answer...am reading this for the third time and I still can't understand some of those things you said...exactly how useful is a $2 dollar bill in a one dollar store??and I think QueenBee was talking about strange garden in her last msg *-)