xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Watermonkey

Is Os X (10.5.1) Tiger Ready For Prime Time? Would you install it on your computer? Have you?

My nephew bought a new ibook a few months ago and I told him to hold off on installing Tiger because it was so new I knew there would be problems with compatibility and bugs and stuff. So it's been a while now, they've released 10.5.1 and .2 shouldn't be too far behind. The question is: For those of you who've installed it, how do you like it? Is it pretty much bug-free by now or are you having problems running your favorite software?If you don't have a Macintosh or an informed opinion on the subject matter, please refrain from posting. Thank you.

Come on people! I know I'm not the only Mac user around here. Help me out! :)

I'm too poor atm to buy the upgrade. But if I had the cash I would do it no doubt. I wouldnt care about the problems as they would get fixes realsed soon, I mean I'm the type of person who would want stuff now and think about it later. oh btw we need our own OS forumn to talk about mac stuff.

Well although I am not a mac user I wouldn't get the new OS right away jsut because of the problems they are having and on top of that I wouldn't even upgrade it either just because you don't know the problems you might have. Of course like its Pc counterpart doing a fresh installation would get you the best results and then just reinstall the software, and that way you can see where the problems will happen with certain software if you have any. It would be interesting how quicly Apple will fix all these problems because everyone knew it took about 6 months to squask most of the vista problems when that it first came out, and its been about a month now, give or take a week.

With Mac, as with any expensive computer, unless you're simply made of money and don't give a crap, it's really not a brilliant idea to test their products for them. Let someone else have the headache, buy Revision B or C or later. Same thing goes with software. By now I'd expect Tiger to be pretty well ironed out, so I left a message for my nephew, a complete moron -16 years old, to go ahead and install it. What's the worst that can happen? He'd have to install Leopard and wait some more? This way, at least, he can be my experimental lab monkey. Really not much of a stretch... I'll keep this forum up to date with any issues he tells me about. Meanwhile, if anyone has it on their computer, feel free to post your impressions and/or problems.