xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

Death

I normally only shoot in black and white and I develope and print my own film and prints. so its rally cool and i ake lots of pride in my stuff.

either way here is one I call death.

Posted Image

let me know what you all think.

also the grubge border i get from using a filed down negative carrier pretty cool ..

The dead body is alright, nothing to write home about, what's that dripping off its head?The skull of Death is too benign looking. Should be shadowed more and should look more menacing. The rays behind make it look divine or something. Is this Mother Mary or is it the sinister Angel of Death?

Great design and I think the borders are allright and it seems the image is perfect.I don't know designing that much but with a little knowlege I can't find any problem with your design,its looks perfect to me. :)

Hi,This picture is good but I have to agree with Wm.. it does look Mother Maryish.... I liked the picture as it reminds me of my tarot cards..There is a card called Death in that.... Either way.. Waiting for more of your pics :)Have A Happy New Year!

The border looks really cool, it fits with the design really well. The whole image reminds me of "el dia de muertos" which is celebrated in November 2nd here in Mexico. The translation of this holiday would be day of the dead.

woo! This is a really nice design although if you do say it, it does look extremely like mother mary, I would of gone with a 'Darth Sidious' look on on skulled figure, and the rays do make it look some sort of 'divine'. I would of also added a bloody (covered in blood (not an insult)) Sickel too...

Im sorry that im getting back to you all very late on this but Im not sure as to waht the artist was trying to capture. now i did take a picture of this image on a side building to a vodo type shop, the only things i did were take picture develope picture and use a really cool negative carrier to make the border when I printed the picture.

So, what's yours here? It's just the border then? That was a huge source of confusion for the people who took the time to reply to your topic. Please make it clear, by editing your original post, what's not yours so we may judge your work only. Thanks!Edit: I suppose I should have known that was what it was. I think, though, that to bring it in to context, more of the building that's painted on should be shown in the picture. 1000 speed B&W film might bring out some interesting detail. I believe that's a company logo, some kind of beer, is it not? The border doesn't do anything for me when it comes to photography. Nothing should distract from the subject unless it's another important element in the frame.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)