xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
patrickcurl

Reiki Anyone?

Has anyone here practiced or received Reiki at all?Reiki is a pretty cool mode of healing, founded by a guy named Usui in China back in the late 1800's early 1900's.Just curious if anyone else here has any experience with it.

Hellosies! I'm familiar with Reiki. I am a Reiki practitioner ( so I would hope I would be familiar with it LOL!). Here is some information on Reiki ( I hope it helps). Let's start with Mikao Usui the founder of Reiki: First off let me start that Reiki was not invented by Mikao Usui. He is just reconized as one of the first people to have been able to work with this wonderful technique and pass it on to others. There doesn't seem to be a concise history on him ( I found several different versions which all had the same theme just different details). The basics that I grasped when I learned was that Usui was a monk and had gone up on a mountain top to meditate. While up there it is said that the secrets of Reiki was passed on to him ( he saw the symbols and concepts in his head). It is said that on the way down from the mountain he performed some minor miracles. The first being a small cut that he healed on himself ( I guess he stubbed his toe?). The second being healing someone in the village of a minor wound. Eventually word got out and many wanted to learn his technique. The way I was taught the story was that he was willing to pass on the technique to others as it was an enlightening experience that was to be shared in joy. Unfortunately he became disapointed. He would heal beggars and give them this gift only to watch them go out and continue to beg even though they were no longer lame. That is why some say that the price for learning is so high ( back in the day think 10,000$ for a third degree attunement). Eventually Reiki made it over here into the West via Ms. Takata who was a student under Usui. If you would like more information on Mikao Usui and his story I would be happy to provide you with a link that has that info. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Now what exactly IS Reiki? It is Universal Life Force. It is the energy of spirit or the spirit of energy ( Rei = spirit ki = energy). It is something that all of us have the opportunity to work with and use once we have overcome our blockages ( and that is what Reiki attunements are......they undo the blockages and help us become closer to that Universal Energy). Reiki is not only a tool to use but a phenomenon to enjoy and experience. The art of Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that allows everyone to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve health and enhance the quality of life. It can be defined as ?spiritually guided life force energy?. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You may be asking yourself "But how is Reiki used for healing?" A lot of people are familiar with Reiki in the sense that it is energy that you work with for healing. It is that and much more also. When you work a healing for yourself or others you usually have to use your own reserves or something else with energy in it (such as crystals). This can deplete your own personal reserves ( and anyone who has done a ritual or healing and felt tired, drained, confused or even ill afterwards knows what I am saying). When you work with Reiki you are not using your own personal reserves. The Reiki fills the Practitioner up much like tea in a teapot. The practitioner uses their hands to help guide the Reiki (much like the spout on a teapot). Actually in all honesty from my experiences Reiki has guided me where my hands need to go so it could go where it felt it needed to. I know that sounds confusing. Is Reiki a sentient energy source? I don't know. Some seem to think you attain Reiki guardians or angels or guides when you become attuned. For me Reiki almost seems like its own entity. When I call on it for assistance it comes to me and works with me, guiding me and helping me so I can work with it better. Because Reiki uses the Practitioner ( no not like a possession or anything like that.....again think of the teapot) the Practitioner also shares in the healing energy. It is a wonderful experience. Reiki can heal on all levels. Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual. Reiki can be used to clear past transgressions and knows nothing of distance. Reiki can be used for many things and that will be discussed later. Life force is what flows through all living things. It is all through are physical and spiritual bodies from our aura to the tiniest cells in our bodies. When this force is disrupted it can cause our bodies (or spiritual being) to function at less than top notch. Many things can disrupt this life force including our thoughts and feelings. When we accept negative things ( whether consciously or uncounsciously) about ourselves this negativity attaches itself to our energy field and interferes with the flow of the Life Force. I am sure many of us have seen cycles of this on the physical realm. Here is an example: "Your coworkers are irritating you with some snide comments or behaviour you don't feel you deserve. You keep it to yourself because there is no point in starting a huge hassle over petty B.S.You are stressed and so you get a headache. The headache makes you sick or keeps you up at night and now you are losing sleep because of it. The headache is gone but now you are tired and cranky. Oversensitive and irritable. O Heavens will this day end? Everythings seems to be going wrong now. In fact you are stressed out and feel another headache coming on. And those coworkers? Still being snobs.............." Reiki works on all levels. It finds the areas of negativity (whether emotional, mental, spiritual or physical....and as you see they all connect to each other) and charges it with positive energy. Transmuting the negative so that it no longer affects you ( this is not to say that Reiki is a heal all and that you would never have to see a doctor, counselor or other professional for various reasons). In the case example stated above Reiki could help you let go of your coworkers comments or behaviours ( relieving the emotional stress which was beginning to cause physical stress) and help relieve some of that tension headache aftermath pain. Reiki can also instill a sense of well being and peace ( making your sleep deprived day maybe not so cranky after all). Reiki can clear and straighten the energy pathways. Healing them so that your life force can flow smoothly again. Reiki can remove toxins and to help alleviate pain. It can also provide a sense of calmness or wellbeing. A Reiki practitioner is not "using reiki"energy nor using their own energy to provide this. Instead the practioner works with Reiki, literally becoming a vessel for the reiki energy to channel and focus through. Reiki does not conflict with any medical procedures ( that I know of) and can actually help enhance treatments that one is already undertaking. Again Reiki is not a heal all and should not be viewed as that or as a quick fix in any way or means. It can be used to help supplement or enhance a treatment but should not replace any medical needs or treatment you are currently on.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you are familiar with Reiki at all you may have heard that there are different levels of practitioners. Let's go into this for a moment. A level one practitioner has only recieved their first attunement which clears the person of physical blockages ( even ones the person may be unaware of). Once the attunement is passed the person is known as a Level 1 Practitioner . A level one practitioner learns the symbol Cho-Ku-Rei ( there will be a post dedicated to Cho-Ku-Rei) . At least that is how it was for me ( many systems have different ways of introducing the symbols and I write from my own experiences). A level one practioner can do many things such as healing the self, blessing items, clearing an area for blessing or protection and much more. A level two practioner has recieved the previous mentioned attunement as well as the second attunement which clears the person of emotional and mental blockages. Once the attunement is passed the person is known as a level 2 practitioner . Here the practitioner learns the symbols Sei- He- Ki and Hon-She-Ze-Sho-Nen (again different traditions pass these symbols on differently and each symbol will have a thread dedicated to them for more understanding). The level 2 practitioner can now also heal others ( with permission first), purify things, and send energy across distance ( space and time). A level three practitioner has recieved both attunements afore mentioned and then the third attunement (depending on tradition) which clears the person of any Spiritual blockages. Once the person is attuned they are known as a Level 3 Practitioner or a Reiki Master . This person can now pass along Reiki attunements to others. Just because they have finished these attunements does not make them "Masters" as one does not master Reiki. One works with it. So why are they titled as such? The term used to describe this level is sensei which is Japanese for Master or Teacher. The Western world seems to have gravitated more towards the master definition of this term. Please keep in mind that there are many Reiki traditions and many will differ with how many attunements they feel are necessary. These three attunements I have described are the basic ones that most will have. Attunements are different from Reiki sessions. A Reiki session is where a practitioner uses Reiki on another ( or self ) say for example, healing purposes. An Attunement is when a Reiki master PASSES ON Reiki to another person.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reiki is a wonderful experience to well, experience! LOL! A lot of people see it as just a tool for healing but it is so very much more. When you really delve in depth into the world of Reiki you realize it is not just a tool but a way of life. I absolutely love working with and living with Reiki. I hope this post helped in making Reiki something easier to understand. Thanks for making it this far down ( I tend to ramble sometimes).

I'm a beginner in Reiki, and I've try to practice it everyday, but I can't feel the sensation.I practice using affirmation about 15 minutes everyday. Any advice?I also need an advice to awake 'kundalini' using reiki.Thank you.

I work with White Light, Etheric, Reiki, Kundalini & Chakra Energies to help myself & others on a daily basis, so I just want to explain something really misunderstood about them:

Kundalini: Theres no quick way to awaken your Kundalini. Reiki won't do it for you. It takes time, sometimes years, of constant peace and quiet to meditate. Trying too hard will defeat the purpose.

Reiki must be given to you by a Level 3 Reiki Master, you can't just decide: hey I'm gonna do some reiki today. It takes lessons and meditation to learn to use it properly. When using reiki to heal people or animals, the problems you are healing will get worse BEFORE they get better. It is NOT an Insta-heal technique. It takes several sessions for the patient to become fully healled. You do NOT need to touch or even be anywhere near the person at all to use reiki energies.

Chakras are opened individually through meditation. You can use the energy from your own chakras (once they are fully opened and alligned) to heal, open and allign the chakras of others. This is easily done just by giving them a hug and sending the energy from your chakras to theirs. eg: your crown energy to their crown, 3rd eye to third eye, etc.

Once you're used to the chakra energies you will be able to heal others much quicker with your own chakra energies than you can with reiki. You can also use crystals to open your own chakras and the chakras of others if meditation doesn't work for you.

You do NOT need to touch the person at all to use chakra energies, (you can do what I do: ZAP strangers from across the street, lol- spy healing), but i find it more effective when I can actually touch the chakra I am healing for serious illnesses.

How I heal others with my own chakras:

When someone suffers from a heart condition, respiratory/lung infections or disease, or emotional imbalance, I shoot energy from my Heart Chakra to theirs- seriously, picture a green laser beam loaded with healing energy.

When a person suffers from infertility, sexual dysfunction, or problems with the reproductive organs I do the same from my root chakra to theirs, picture a red laser beam loaded with healing energy.

When a person is lacking in intuitive or psychic abilities because of fear or dormancy, I shoot white energy from my crown chara to theirs, and purple energy from my 3rd eye (brow) chakra to theirs.

For ulcers, kidney, liver, bowel, bladder, intestinal and stomach problems etc, I shoot orange & yellow light/energy from my sacral/solar plexus to theirs.

When a person is too quiet, shy, mute or vocally autistic, I shoot royal blue energy from my throat chakra to theirs. I do the same for people with low self-esteem but toss in crown and heart energies as well:)

White Light Healing- ok we all know who Raiden is from mortal combat, so this one should be easy for all; simply summon (pray or ask for) white light to course through your body, and push it out of both of your hands with your palms facing your target. The only difference is obviously it is done with the intent to HEAL not harm. This is a catch all healing where you do not need to be aware of the persons ailments. The white light is distributed where it is needed.

Keep in mind, that this is just a basic guide I can go on without end, but I'd like to give you all time to try it, so I'll be quiet now. Any ????'s PM me:) BB all

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

Howdy, Neat topic. I'm a Reiki practitioner myself, level 2, as well as a tattoo artist. I've had some interesting observations, regarding the two combined. Reiki transfer often happens spontaneously, I've noticed this especially when I'm tattooing a person. You can feel it as an odd warm flowing sensation in your hands, and sometimes your eyes. I've had clients who have had tattoos done by other artists comment that the pain decreases dramatically, they even find it enjoyable and relaxing. I'm sure there are other variables to take into consideration with this, such as the clients pain tolerance, and the tattoo technique used, but it's still interesting to think about given the volume of people who have commented on it. But I like the idea of combining Reiki with Tattoo, especially considering how much of the art of tattoo is rooted in ancient shamanistic practices, add to that the use of symbols you often encounter in the tattoo world, I think the two go well together.