xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musicmaza

I Need Some Help Please help me out

I am trying to make the search bar in my site functional.When I search it returns a 405 error page.I don't know What I have to do with this code to make it functional :P .Please anyone could help me out.And heres the code of my search bar:

<div id="search"><form action="#" method="post"><p><input type="text" class="searchfield" value=""><input type="submit" class="searchbutton" value="search" name="submit"></p></form></div>

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

oh when i tried a search on your blog it says post method not allowed. I dunno why but if you can change it to get instead of post

Yes Sonesay thanks for that method I think that is temporarily good so that the visitors won'y get frustated now by typing something for search and then getting an error page.. :P

I am trying to make the search bar in my site functional.When I search it returns a 405 error page.I don't know What I have to do with this code to make it functional :) .Please anyone could help me out.
And heres the code of my search bar:

<div id="search">
<form action="#" method="post">
<p>
<input type="text" class="searchfield" value="">
<input type="submit" class="searchbutton" value="search" name="submit"></p></form></div>

do you use a free service provider because it sounds like they have stoped the use of that functionality

i dont no if this will help but im gonna tell you annyway

alot of service providers stop the use of sertaine functions such as searchbars instant e-mail notification ex
because they want you to buy there service not use it for free you see if they gave you all the functionality for free they wouldent have annything left to chanrge you for would they

its eather that or the code may be taking you to a duff location (no opperational site location)

it could also be that you dont have the software installd on the server you are using to allow for this functions to be exicuted

i recently had the same issu i made a custom e-mail form but i hadnt installd the extention for frontpage so it dissalowd the use of the e-mail form because it couldent understand the code i used to create it

as i have seid i dont no if it will help but i hope it gives you some insite