xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

What If Every Single Day... was entirely different from the day before

...of your life was entirely different from the day before. Different in that you would never see anyone that you saw the day before again. You would never see any of the surroundings either. Would you rather live every day living in a different place each day with a whole new set of people or would you rather live a normal life of bonds, relationships and familiar surroundings?

Well it would be very weird, it's like you're a complete stranger every day and I think it would be a struggle to be knowing people everyday and trying to get a connection only to lose it at the end of the day. Having relationships for a day would make me feel like making an effort to know people would be useless because I know it won't matter anyway.

That is a very deep question. If life were like that, it would be so interesting and you'd have so many different opportunities to explore. As master_bacarra said, however, you would not have constant (unchanging) social relationships and contact. That could drive a person crazy or at least bring down their spirits to an ultimate low. I guess I would choose to live life just as it is now, because the risk of the alternate possibility you mention might be a little too much. It's very intriguing though.

Very interesting. Another similar question is what if everything you know is programmed memory? In that I mean, you never actually experienced any of the things you remember, it was simply placed in your head. This day could very well be the first you ever lived! I think I would tire of living through this scenario just because relationships and human contact is what I think people need to survive. I simply can't imagine being without any of my friends; all of the friendships I have created in the last 10 years would be a waste of time. Deep :P

Heaps of opportunities to explore, and not knowing what may happen next would be very interesting indeed, if coming into that situation. There may be situations like that at work/business and so forth. But a full-blown situation of not knowing what will happen the next day would indeed make a individual think or adapt to what the next day's challenges bring.

I'd rather live as we do now because there wouldnt be any point otherwise.. everything we do, essentially, is to help us in the future or to enhance the future in some way, the best example being to work so we have money on pay day so without that there wouldnt be anything to do... Sure you could explore but without knowing where you are you wouldnt know where to go, you could wake up in the middle of a HUGE city and not get out before you went to sleep again so it would all be in vain.And sadly people do live like this, if they have lost the ability to remember new things then everytime they wake they are essentially in a brand new, unseen place unless of course their memories run up to the point they arrived in the place they now live, but if they lost 5 years of memories and moved house 3 years ago then every day they wake up in a new house with new people around etc... i cant imagine how horrible that must be.

This is a rather unique question. After thinking about it for a while, I think it would be too uncomfortable to have changes everyday. Of course you would never be able to get too close to anyone but you will never have a sense of security in an unkown world everyday. I am a rather shy person when I first meet people so this would probably explain why I may be uneasy to try this. Of course if I ever wanted to start a new life I would just have to move somewhere else.