xisto Community
MienTommy

Addiction To The Computer

Are you addicted to the computer?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once I ever got to know how to use a computer and found out many things that a computer can do I was surprised. It all started when I got on a computer for my first time playing a game that my cousin had let me play. This was 5 years ago and now I am very addicted to the computer and if I stop using the computer for about a day or week I feel like i'm gonna die or something. The only time I don't feel like using the computer is when my cousins and families visit from other places. Or when I play a video game that is not on the computer.

I had to really think of what to answer here. I use computer excessively, usualy for more than 5,6 hours a day, but I do not consider myself addicted, because I easily lived without it for a few weeks when I was away with my girl..I think that you could say "addiction", when you really wouldn't be able to function normaly without a few hours of computer-time...That is not the case with me..The more I think about it, I'd say that the main reason I use computer so much, is in the fact that it gives you so many options to spend your free time! Other people maybe watch TV, but I think that doing creative stuff on computer is far better than watching TV...

Well I must admit I am addicted to computer, well not exactly to the machine itself though I sens some bond between and I cannot sell old models that is when I have old computer and I buy new one I am very or shell I say extremlly reluctnat to sell it and in the end I never do it. So I am addicted also to machine or bonded I always find some good use to them like some servers or dvd players with additional options and so on. Really it pays much more then the few bucks you could get from them on used computers market. However I am also addicted to developing on the computers and to the internet as in the sens that it provides many informations to us or loads of informations. Not so much as a social usage as some use IRC and so on however I am using instant messangers adn of course loads of mail.So in the end computers are my life I am currently studing somputer science and I have to say.Hi I am hitmanblood and I am addicted to the computers since my very first one commodore 64 :)

I think I'm addicted to the computer but if I have to stop I believe i have the mind power to do so. Its great sometimes to just take a vacation somewhere away from all the cell phones, computer, and comotion.

I can't really say that I'm addicted to the computer because I can function without one. Mind you, I really miss it when I'm away on a holiday and don't have access to even check in to my email or forums other than from an internet cafe :)

Yes, I am addicted to my computer. I use it 4-5 hours every single day. At forums, when I chat with friends, do my homework, Photoshop and much, much more. I need it - can't live without it. It is how I keep in touch with friends that are far, far away. I can see images from different places I have been with my friends - on their webpages. I watch television just as much as I use the computer. (Because I always turn it on when I turn on my computer.) The only thing that is really annoying, is that my computer is not a laptop. I can't bring it anywhere, so that is a problem for me.Hello, my name is Blubear and I am a little girl addicted to my computer.

I can spend the whole day in front of the computer without doing anything else. To be frank, im more addicted to the internet than the computer, but you need the computer to access the internet. I can live in seclusion, but give me a computer and an internet connection!But if I'm outside or on a holiday trip, I won't miss my computer. I wouldn't even dream of bringing it cos' it's troublesome, so I guess I'm not so badly affected.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I marked myself as addicted, because lets face it, I am ALWAYS staring at the screen of my monitor. I really should be doing many other things, but it's seems that almost all my waking hours are in front of the computer... whether it be for work, play, television, reading, research... there's just a never ending supply of stuff that I can do online that doesn't let me break away from it.I always think to myself... if only there were more hours in a day... then I could do all this on the internet, and make time to do things that aren't on a computer, but hey, I'm sure if there were more hours, I'd probably just be doing the same thing that I am now - spending it doing one thing or another on the computer.There's a few times a year that I go away for a while (like a week camping...) and I almost go insane because I can't get online. It's strange how dependent a person can become of a machine. And to think, that I grew up without a computer at all... and after we finally got one, we didn't even get the internet until a couple years after that. It seems strange to think that there was a time that I could be perfectly happy without my computer lol.But yea, I'm thinking the same thing is true for me, like bishoujo said above... I think I'm more addicted to the internet, rather than the computer. Yes, there are many things that I do while offline... like reading, music, movies and such, I tend to have to pause them in the middle just so I can check my emails, and my web site stats and stuff, because I feel like I need to know right now if anything's changed.So, you wanna know just how addicted I am? I've been up since around 11:30am... from then, I went straight on my computer... where I stayed for a while, then I got up and did all my getting ready stuff... and went back on my computer... until it was dinner time, so I braked for dinner (I was hungry, cause I didn't really have breakfast or lunch... too much computering going on), and then after came right back to the computer again where I'll stay until around 2am... when I force myself to go to bed, because if I don't I tend to stay at my computer until 5am or later... and then I never wake up :) Yep, I'm addicted :)

as i have told in many other forums, if you feel you are addicted then try to divert your attention to something else. it maybe reading books, driving around your town simply, watching your mom cook etc. those things will get you to divert your attention and in long term process it will totally diminish your addiction. best luck to you!

I'm now saying that I'm a Computer Addict because I cannot sleep or I cannot live without using my Computer! In 1 day, my computer is opened from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM except in school days obviously. For me, my Computer is my very cherished thing this time, it's very addictive and it's so wonderful to use it. I love to upgrade and clean it. But, I always explore things in my computer.Here's the story: Since I'm a Computer addicted, I usually explore and explore my computer files in my hard drive. I always delete, change, move, and etc. I usually find some uninstalled programs which are obviously are un-used. So, I keep on clicking them. So, nothing happened. 1 time, I clicked a program which is already unistalled and it's unsused. I clicked that program and a Command Prompt popped-out and start saying, files corrupted repeatedly. After that, I close it and I thought it was only a joke. When I open some file like TuneUp utilities, Yahoo Messenger, that files didnt show up. So I decided, oh well, I need to reboot. When I booted up, I saw a big change, my Log in thingy became black, and when I was logged in, my computer is asking for the CD of Windows XP. But I dont have any CD because when I purchase my computer, it's already pre-installed. All files arent working, so I decided to have a reformat.Oh well, in that story, I learned that I'm totally addicted to my computer and I cant stop exploring files and things in my hard drive and in my computer!