xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SolidShadow

New Aim 6.5 Has Trojan- Win32.tibz.ez

I just recently redid me computer and installed a new OS and i went to install AIM ( I HATE AIM BUT I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT USE IT ) I installed it as normal and my anti-virus went off showing { win32.tibz.ez } trojan theres no way i could have got a virus that fast. I installed my OS and updated and then installed and update my zonealarm suite. Then i when to install AIM and my anti-virus went off and the AIM installer got a error "installation of a component has failed (error code: IS-2008 ). But the funny thing is after I get the error I can still use AIM and it works fine. I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else?

I have aim 6.5 no problems, sometimes anti virus software don't work as good. Also this could be something with a virus being attached to Aim. If aim had a problem then aol would have removed it.