xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Turmoil Things are rough right now.

I have been dating my girlfriend for close to two months now. Things have been fine, there have been a couple days where we were a little moody towards each other but nothing as bad as it is right now. It all started with her just coming to school in a bad mood one day and I asked her what was wrong a couple times and she said "nothing" when it was clear something was. She wouldn't tell me for the life of her, which kinda made me mad and sad at the same time because I don't know why she doesn't think she could trust me. I mean I have never done anything wrong to her, and I have known and been friends with her for two years now. Well that kinda made me in a bad mood, but I got over it. Then lately it seems that she has kinda been distant from me, like seeming that she really doesn't care to be around me or not. If I were to call her on the phone, she would never call me, I would have to hug her and not the other way around. And I now understand that some people may just be like that, some people aren't just people who show affection all the time, but I am, and it really kills me when she acts like that. And all of this I have told her before. I am so open with her I couldn't explain to you. Well she didn't really change at all in the coming weeks. My friend Ashley who has known her for a great deal longer than I said that I just have to give it time, and I have been, but I don't want us to grow distant, and seem like I don't care how she is feeling because I do! But a couple days ago I was really depressed, and after the whole day of ignoring me she came up and asked why I look sad. And I said because I am, she asked why and I said because it just doesn't seem like you care if I am around, and she got that defensive tone and said well that's just how I am, and I understand but you just gotta realize that it hurts me. she just walked off. Well I gave her an hour to think about what I said and I stopped her to talk again. I just said that you gotta realize what I mean jenny. She got mad and said I am not going to change just for you, and I said that's okay you don't have too, she said I wasn't planning on it. So two days later and she is still mad at me?! She won't talk to me long enough to explain why, and she won't hug me. I love her so much, she says she does but I can't see it in her eyes. I don't want to break up with her because I want things to be right. I don't want to be bad to her. I want the best for her, and if she thinks the best for her is that we no longer date then I will stop.I don't know what to do, I am so lost and confused.Only time will tell I suppose.

Well she might be like this because she could be with another guy. I don't know what advice to give but you should just try to ask her softly..

From my experience when people need time away from each other it usually means they need time to think, Do they really want to be with you? I know it sucks but they do deserve their space to think it through. Dont be suprised if they are seen with another person the fact is if they needed space away from you is they arnt 100% sure they want to be with you. They should just be up front and tell you that but maybe they just arnt sure. My previous gf who I was with for 2+ years just said the same thing "I need time away from us". I was ok with giving her space and things seem to carry on as usual but then a few months later I find out shes dating another guy and when I confronted her about it she just said things changed her feelings changed towards me. So I pretty much saw what she ment by needing time away. Needing time away to think if she really wanted to be with me. If i had known there was another guy in the picture I would of left her *bottom* long ago. I dont really like to waste time with people.I dont blame her for leaving me but I just hated the part where she wasnt up front about it. I mean needing time away I didnt know what that really ment. If she wasnt sure or didnt want to be with me she should have just told me. I'm afraid this might be the same thing in your case so be prepared for the worse.One of the first girls I dated back when I was young was a similar situation. we were together but it was only because I never had a gf before and going through puberty so yeah it was an exciting time. I found her attractive but the feeling wasnt there and all we did was make out. Eventually I got sick of it and I just told her straight up I dont want to be with her anymore. When you know you dont love someone you gotta tell them straight up not leave them hanging on its not right. That time I was young I didnt know what love was I guess I did the right thing and not let it go on. She probably hates my guts but probably glad I told her the truth.w/e happens you'll live man people break up all the time after realising thats not the person for them.

Yeah, Jenny and I are no longer. But if it was the best for her than I can stand it. It shouldn't matter to anyone why, but just know that I have one thing I want of you. If you are a friend of mine, don't be mean to her if you see her. Don't be spiteful, it does nothing but hurt. I don't want to be like most ex-boyfriends and be dicks, because I am not like that. So just leave it at that. She deserves better than me, so hopefully she will get someone else who cares about her in the same way.So, I have lost ones I love before. And I don't take back anything I did or said. Things will most always come to an end, but to me it will just matter how.It will be hard to not have a girlfriend now I suppose, maybe I will feel empty for a bit, but I assure you I won't need a "rebound" girl, that will only make matters worse. I will learn to be alone again, for I did it for seventeen years! I have great friends.And for those whom have become my friends through Jenny, please, stay my friends. Nothing has changed, nothing in anger. Two of your friends are just not dating anymore is all.I am blessed this season, not with a girlfriend, but with family. As odd as that may seem having lost most of my family, I have gained my extended family. And in the weird way I have found out who cares by going through rough times like this.So, ta ta amigos/as. For Damen must think about what I can do next time to not ruin things.