xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musicmaza

Wordpress Blog Help wordpress blog help

I have already built a blog at wordpress.com .Now I want to know that is it possible to have that blog at wordpress.com here in my Xisto website.

One thing you could do, build a sub domain, blog.yoursite.trap17.com and have it redirect to wherever your blog is.

Thanks Kansuke
Yes I too think thats a great idea.But I am a little bit confused because i think wordpress.com doesn't allows to embed flash files and ads whereas wordpress.org allows so I am thinking to just copy and paste all the contents from there to my new wordpress.org blog.What do you think|Is that right thing to do.

And another thing if you or anyone know about editing search bar then please tell how to do that....visit my site here there I have got my search bar at the top and If you try to search it gives an 405 error page.So What I have to do to make it functional.

Thanks KansukeYes I too think thats a great idea.But I am a little bit confused because i think wordpress.com doesn't allows to embed flash files and ads whereas wordpress.org allows so I am thinking to just copy and paste all the contents from there to my new wordpress.org blog.What do you think|Is that right thing to do.

And another thing if you or anyone know about editing search bar then please tell how to do that....visit my site here there I have got my search bar at the top and If you try to search it gives an 405 error page.So What I have to do to make it functional.

wait you dont have to copy and paste all your cpntents ther's an easier way if you're talking about the wordpress php software there's a tool that allowes you to get the contents from previous blog i dont know how to get there but all i know is that it's the you should check here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content

Thanks Etycyto I really appreciate your help.And I have saved a lot of time.And I am happy as I have to not copy all the hard work which I did on my wordpress Blog.

You could do that actually.You must register a domain.If you need a free domain, you could go to co.cc for one.After that you download blogging tool from wordpress.org and follow up the instructions.You'll able to tweak your blog according to your preference.And u may change themes if you want.But you must have a basic knowledge of FTP.Hope it does help u

I have already built a blog at wordpress.com .Now I want to know that is it possible to have that blog at wordpress.com here in my Xisto website.

There are multiple things you can do.

1. Host your own wordpress

This is one of the best options if you want to have your own domain and hosting. You have to download the latest version of wordpress from wordpress.org and install it in your webserver. You might have to have few things before doing this. Like you should have a domain name something like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and a webserver, where you will host your websites, wordpress blog in this case. Once you have both of them, its just a matter of few minutes to get your blog up and running. You shouls also have a mySQL server from your webhosting space provider, because the wordpress installation needs a mySQl server for it work. It is in the database server that the posts are stored. So, a database is very important.

Once you download the wordpress, you have to upload it to your webserver using an ftp client, pre-requisite being you have an ftp login and an ftp client.

Once you have uploaded the wordpress, files, search for the famous 5 minutes installation in wordpress site which will guide you through step by step instructions on setting it up which will hardly take few mins. Once it is done, you are ready to make posts in your blog.

Its always better to get your domain and hosting space ready before you set up your blog and share it with everyone as the DNS propagation might take 2-3 days and if everything is done on the same day, you might not be able to share it with your friends.

2. Custom domain on wordpress.com

It is also possible to have your wordpress.com blog have a custom domain, but for this you might have to pay wordpress.com. Please check the revised rates in the website. This is again an easy option if you do not want to go through the hassle of setting it up, configuring and maintaining the site and leave it to the experts.

In your case, since you already have a domain in wordpress.com and wanted to move to a custom domain, you can upload all your posts (including comments) to an xml files (search for this export option in your wordpress dashboard) and import them in your new blog once you set it up using the 1st setup method. This can be done when you have to move your blog from other blogging sites like blogger.com also.