xisto Community
DilahK

How To Tell If A Girl Likes Me?

I'm an 18 year old guy and I've known his girl(she's 16 btw) for close to a year now and we've been to the movies together twice. We've also been texting each other regularly and sometimes till late at night. I feel really happy when I'm around her and I think she feels the same because of she way she acts. I really like her but I don't know if she feels the same way towards me. I'm also looking for a present to buy for her to wish her luck for her examination results which are going to be released somewhere in january. I've already made a card for her but I just need a present to go along with it. Her favourite colour is purple and she like tweety. So any tips on what I should get her?

Sounds like she likes you. There's a girl at my school who likes me too, we text as if we were talking most of the time, so yea. As for the gift, I can't answer that as I'm horrible when it comes to presents.

AWW...or should it be: AARGH!! - True Love

How To Tell If A Girl Likes Me?

Yeah, I know what you are on about. I'm 17 and a half, and I am totally in love with this girl who is maybe a year younger than me, who I have known...Well, forever, really (her family and mine have been close friends since 1988). I have what probably is a worse problem, in that we live about 90 miles away (me in Wakefield, and her in Stoke-on-Trent), and also the fact that I have tasted rejection so many times from so many girls, that I just feel as though I am no good at speaking to them...I have an "excellent" speaking voice, so people say, but there just seems to be no way that I can talk to her in a sane manner, without blushing or stuttering...

I would go ahead and ask her out, but there is the teensey-weenseyest bit of a problem in that if she says no to me, then I would have to cancel all contact with her, and I would hate that...That and the fact my idiot brother who is only 15 is eyeing her up, and would snap up the prize if I didn't act...

In short, I don't know what to do, so can somebody PLEASE help?

-question by SaxonPhoenix

i wouldnt buy a gift for that, it would be too quick and too much! just think about it, if you buy a gift for when she has an examination and u are not even together... you will build expectations, now imagine when u are celebrating that u are together for 1 month... :-O go slowly

Yea this thread is kinda old .. but how did it turn out all this time later?

And jogarriot has a bit of a point.

Id say a small gift would be cool, but not just any old trinket you find anywhere... something that tells her your thinking of her is the most important thing.

It dont matter what with most chicks, especially at that age as long as its personal.

I took a girl to a new burger place once ... and it was the worst EVER ... we joked about it being made of rubber... and the date otherwise went great.

Weeks later I show up with an actual rubber hamburger and some stupid joke about it ... she flipped out, and that was her favorite thing for a long time.

I wont say what we did then!

You said she likes purple!

Anything purple and cute .. stuffed dog, cat or even Barney the dip-stick purple dino .. a fake purple flower or fluffy pillow .. once you tell her you saw it and had to get it because it reminded you of her ... its her new fav no matter what it is. Especially one-of-a-kind objects, that would normally be stupid.

She likes tweety .... Id stay away from him unless it was especially large, or unique in some way .. holding a purple flower etc.... with something like that you have to compete with all the other tweeties in her collection for top dog.

On an occasion like exams etc., take them to dinner or an event ... it shows you care about the occasion, and it assures you of another date in the first place.

And a card is great, but dont just grab some standard-a$$ generic card, think about it and be able to explain why it made you buy it for her.... if you cant, get a small gift to give with it as suggested.

Dont give it right away with the parents gawking from behind her unless you have to.... always try to wait until your alone and you get that special moment.

Even if the moment dont arrive, make it happen ... she'll love you for it!

Dont ever show up empty handed, let them know your thinking of them when your not together, and dont go overboard for small occasions, and you'll never let her down!

Thats my opinion lol!

How do you know if a girl likes you? You really don't unless you've got a finely tuned girldar, or a big ego (if you think enough people like you you're bound to be right eventually) I'll explain something to you that I learned:

The signs guys and girls give off are different. It's like speaking to someone who only speaks Russian but speaking to them in German (Best analogy I can think of) Or speaking to a blind person in sign language.

Guys and girls give off different signs. The best way is to take that vary hard leap and hope she doesn't let you fall. Tell her you like her. My current girlfriend and I liked each other for ages. Its very difficult to tell. Like I always say, If you're not sure ASK!

As for the present, maybe a necklace, something small and simple that wont cost the earth, possibly a ring if she's the ring type. A Small piece of jewelery. On second thoughts maybe not for this present. That would be more of a birthday/christmas present. I like the idea of something small like a stuffed animal.

Tell her something along the lines of (after her exams though, noone needs more stress going into that sort of a time) I would like to be more than friends, do you feel the same way?

Hope this helped

How would i know if a girl liked me?, id flip a coin and make a choice based on the result of a random generator on the computer..... Oh well, im pretty clueless in that way, i guess.

I'm an 18 year old guy and I've known his girl(she's 16 btw) for close to a year now and we've been to the movies together twice. We've also been texting each other regularly and sometimes till late at night. I feel really happy when I'm around her and I think she feels the same because of she way she acts. I really like her but I don't know if she feels the same way towards me. I'm also looking for a present to buy for her to wish her luck for her examination results which are going to be released somewhere in january. I've already made a card for her but I just need a present to go along with it. Her favourite colour is purple and she like tweety. So any tips on what I should get her?

If she really likes you than thats easy. Just try to stay near of her and if you get chance than stay closer for long time and also try to touch her body. If she reacts as easy and enjoying with you than you should know that she also love you. so, wait for valentine day and give her surprise and say what you to say?

But if she really loves you than you should not wait the valentine's day because I think she will say everything before the valentine's day. I am not sure but I think so.

What the hell is wrong with you guys, what are you waiting for if you like her. All you have to do, is bring her out make some fun, I mean go to parties, to cinema or don't know what is the thing that you do to have fun. So after that when you bring her home just kiss her, if she likes you I am sure she won't do anything to prevent this :lol: ..and if not you have nothing to loose. There are lots of girls out of there waiting for us man to get them..So wake up and hurry..

It seems to me that you liked each other, about the present you could get her a stuff toy of Barney the purple dinosaur because she would loved the color and when you gave it to her don't zipped your pants so she could see tweety inside of you...

LOL, What tha? "when you gave it to her don't zipped your pants so she could see tweety inside of you...". I don't exactly know what you mean there, but the vibe i'm getting is making me laugh :lol:

im confusedHow To Tell If A Girl Likes Me?I'm a 14-year-old girl. My girl-friend says that one of my guy friends likes me. We hang out and talk alot. When I ask him a question and he is with our group of friends we usualy stear off into another direction. When we talk and walk alone at school (obviously with other students around), it feels like we're alone. If I have to talk to someone that we happen to pass by, he waits for me to finish my convo, and then we continue our walk to werever we were going. Does he like me?? why does every one tell me the "signs" of knowing if he likes me? why cant he just tel me straight foward instead of all this wondering, instead of all these questons, a no anwsers??-question by gaby

go for it and ask her out, its stupid waiting, and wondering all the time. If she totally rejects you which she wont look back on it as something funny ta laugh about. don't worry :)

I'm a 14 year old boy and guys are just like that, if he makes a lot of eye contact with you and seems like he is hanging on to every word you say, he likes you, if he gets kind of closer to you while you are walking together, he likes you... thats how I act around the girl I like, and she seems to notice it a lot, too...