xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

What Are Some Good Places To Learn C++?

I am very much interested in learning C++ and I have checked out a book from my public library entitled C++ For Dummies. lol. Well has anybody read this entire book because I have only gotten into like the first 100-150 pages of it and would like to know of some other books I should read with it. I like it so far and I am learning fairly quickly. (I am at classes at this point) Also some online tutorials or free eBooks would be cool.

I used to learn from Robert Lafore, it is one of best book for beginners. If you don't know C or any programming language and are new in programming then I would recommend you this book.As far as ebooks are considered, I haven't found any good one. Ebooks are good only for reference for a particular topic and for expert program. For any query in C or C++ you can always use the treasure of Xisto, its members, to solve the problem.

I have a fairly advanced knowledge of programming and I am pretty far into my C++ for Dummies book. I currently know Perl, PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Batch programming, and of course a little C++. Also, could you reccomend a few specific books. C++ only though. I don't really think that C will be as useful.

If you are familiar with languages (others) and know basics of programming languages , there are three books that i would recommend.1. C++: The Complete Reference eBooks By: Herbert Schildt2. C++ Gems By Stanley B. Lippman and3. C++ primer.These books are awesome for deeper knowledge...Let me know if you need more help on this.

Um, I am learning C++ not C. I do not believe it is neccessary to learn C when I can just use C++. I am only 14 and I am going to be a game programmer, so I need to learn C++ and stuff.