xisto Community
polter

Migrating From Smf To Phpbb

The phpBB forums have a section dedicated to converting from other forum systems to phpBB. If you want to convert to the old version of phpBB (v2) then there are quite a few scripts out there to help you. However, converting to phpBB3 could be more of a problem as no scripts seem to have been written yet, and a converted phpBB2 installation won't always upgrade smoothly.

Then, i won't migrate if it's going to mess up my database. Can't risk losing my members just because I wanted a new forum. Besides, SMF is really powerful. just that i can't customize it as much as I'd like to.

I also want to migrate to phpBB but database is a problem. Is there any method by which I can convert all members userid, password and email from smf to phpBB. I am ready to loose all the posts but members should be intact. Is it possible?