xisto Community
Forbez

Your Tips On Keep Your Credits Positive!

I'm always Recently i;ve been letting my credits drop below 1 day. I was wondering, what do you guys do to avoid not dropping pas the 0 days mark?I know, we all post. But do you post only on certain days? Once a day? What, what do you do to prevent your account being suspended.

well, this has been discussed on other threads so i don't know what the moderators will do with this one. in the meantime, i will respond by saying that i like coming here every day. i like to read the new posts that interest me. posting is a different story. some days i don't feel like posting. some days i do. some day's there isn't anything to post about in a reply. some days there are. it depends. that's another reason i like to come every day just to look at the top 20. i average about 5 visits a day here so it's no problem for me finding things to post about and leave myself a big cushion. if you don't have time to come here that often, i would at least visit once a day and try to post at least once a day with a 5-10 line post. if you don't have the time to do that, then come once a week. any day of the week is good. but since you are only coming once a week, now you are pretty much forced to post or lose your hosting unless you have 100 credits or so to spare as a nice cushion(like i have and many other have). and not only are you forced to post, your forced to post to gain back 7 credits you lost during the week. so that will require about 3 5-10 line posts that visit and every week there after.

now what i did at first was force myself to remember to come here every day when my credits were low(under 30 credits) and post post post until i reached over a hundred. after that, i didn't have to worry much or stress out that my hosting would be suspended and the posts that i did post after that was because i wanted to and were higher quality and just more natural. after a while, i started to like posting and coming here is just a habit now as i enjoy just reading the different new posts and topics and it's not a chore as some people feel. you have a lot of posts under your belt so you are not new to this. you should know how it works already. i hope this response helps ya though. take care!

I'm always Recently i;ve been letting my credits drop below 1 day. I was wondering, what do you guys do to avoid not dropping pas the 0 days mark?
I know, we all post. But do you post only on certain days? Once a day? What, what do you do to prevent your account being suspended.

Honestly, I act like I'm obsessed. I spend as much time as I can bassically every day on here.... its not all I do though... I usually have the forum open in a window while I do other stuff... it seemse to work for me.... I'm steadily increasing my credits....

I've got a good amout of buffer on my credits so far so I'm not too concerned about trying to post just to keep my points up. What I do is just watch out of any interesting post that I can reply to, anything thats recently been active so I usually check 'vew new post' link. Lately not much has interest me so I can see how it can be difficult to get points if you dont have much time. I'm always on forums everyday now but yeah the content hasnt interest me all too much. I'm stuck with learning and working on my project everyday so I guess reading the forums and responding to them is my way of relaxing from work. If you cant check forums everyday for at least 30mins to read and respond to some post its still possible to keep your points up. I think posting about 1-2 good post per week should be good enough to keep your credits up. But becareful because at a certain stage (number of post) the credits you get per post will be smaller in amount and you may get caught out. I was racking up alot of points before i was hosted and when i got hosted i think points got reseted so now I'm gaining smaller amouts of points because my post count is kind of high.I would recommend you always try and keep 30 points or more so if something does come up and you cant somehow make it to forums you have 30 days to get back and post again without losing your hosting. This just creates alot of hassle when you do get suspended. There is no other way to cheat this you have to post to get points, eventually its going to be hard for people who cant post here often to keep up points when the amount of points given per post is smaller. Their post will have to be extra long and of good quality if they are going to post fewer times.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Well I don't think I need to explain my activities here on trap since everyone knows me by now :P, but sometimes if stuff comes up I don't post for days even weeks, I may show up and look around but I am off again. Anwii is correct there are two topics that come to mind "Too many posts" and "and I can't find anything to post about". Usually what I do when I get is open up three main tabs in firefox, first tab is to main forum, second tab is to view new posts and the third is to my profile in which I check the topics I made and see if anyone responded. Then depending on whats on the forum I usually open up 6-10+ tabs and respond to them if I am able to; however, I been getting into producing more topics then actual posts because that way I am able to add more content to the post then I would to if a topics has been beaten to death. Sonesay you are correct the number of credits you get dwindles just a bit when you become hosted and dwindles down even more as you get into the higher post count. Again sonesay you are correct you usually want at least a months worth of credits that way if something comes up you are set, but some members just post enough just to stay in the positive, which is fine of course but if your gone past the number credits you have then its up to you to hurry on up and get back on to post. Although activity has been good since may when we hit 300,000 topics, less spam for those who want posting, and the maverick posters keep on posting longer and longer posts.

Well, the obvious thing is to post. Try to find something you might have a lot to say about, since that earns you more credits (although it doesn't look like you have a problem with short posts). Although, in my case, life can get in the way of staying on the computer for too long (sick friend, new year's shopping, finals week, moving soon, etc).It might be easier for you if you make it part of a routine (like a morning/evening/check-my-emails routine). I don't know, just an idea =]

Well if I feel like it, I jump on. I have to collect about 20 days of credits for the christmas holidays because I will be going overseas and with family, and internet is a bit to un-sociable to be on when theres family around.I just come on... practically every day. And I look to see what posts have new posts in them. Try make a new topic of something that interests you, then you will be always coming back and checking on your topic because your so excited (so make it somin you love lol)

I've pretty much done exactly the same since I started here at Xisto and my credits have gradually built up over that time. I check the forums quickly in the morning and then again in the evening, but for longer. Each time I have a look through the new posts. In the morning I'll post in anything that interests me or any questions/advice I can give. In the evening I'm able to spend a bit more time writing replies to those I didn't have time for in the morning. Then I'll take a wander round the forums and look for anything interesting to post about.I suppose I don't really make a conscious effort to post to keep my credits up - I post because I enjoy it. When I started I waited a while before I got hosting, and once I was hosted, gradually my credits built up.

Similarly to others, I too post here because I enjoy posting, and exchanging opinions with other people... And I will have to agree with some of the others, that at times, I really don't feel like posting, and I just fly over through the forums, and I'm gone... Then I'm gone for a few days, maybe weeks... Then I'm back again, and I kind of get beck in the element of posting, and I post, post, post, and build my credits up... I don't keep them high, for now... I've usually kept them around 15, and I came bakc regularly... Now, they're over 35, and I still come back regularly, check what's new, post a new message if I find an interesting topic, or there is some interesting discussion on... There are a bunch of topics here on Xisto, in every area of interest, and I'm sure you could find something that could interest you into posting a few messages every other day... Adn keep your credits to a higher number...

I've kept my credits positive for weeks just posting some of my issues in this forum. I didn't post anywhere else. That is because I'm one of the people who struggle to keep them positive. My account must have been suspended at least six times since I created it. I'm not one of this people who can write paragraph after paragraph over why school is good/bad, or the hardest game etc. But there are a few topics out there that interest me. All it takes is one average post per day at the very least. And I mean average post. It's not hard to get one credit out of a post, and if you don't, its border-line spam. So it really is not that difficult.