xisto Community
Archangel_Baw

Magick Magick What It Really Is....

Ah, this is quite nostalgic. This takes me back to those days when I was young and stupid (No offense, heehee)No, back then I was already a cute, healthy, little agnostic, minding my own business when I was, er... recruited into a coven practicing witchcraft. I said, "Paaah!" or something like it but they somehow managed to entice me with promises of research and, well, I was a rather geeky type back then. I had no reservations about D4Mn!nG my soul to hell because, of course, as an agnostic I didn't believe in it.Anyway, much of it is pure foolishness, hubris and a bit of wishful thinking on our part. We'd try to call the wind and if a leaf or two so much as twirls, falls or flutter, we'd be giddy with excitement. One of us claimed to see ghosts... she had a personal pet, one from some Japanese era. (Considering that it was the height of the anime craze back then, that she is known to have really low self-esteem and that she could be an attention grabber at times, I paid her little heed, which was just as well) We also played the Ouija, but I found that all of us were faking fools who were moving the planchette ourselves. We got several zany messages from spirits that way. Two of us learned to read Tarot, one got into crystal-gazing and I studied reading runes. (What? It may or may not be useful but it sure as hell is fun)In any case, I'm not ridiculing the craft. Far from that, I'm just showing one side of the coin. I was a sparkle-blinded idiot back then. Now, I believe I am sane enough to look back and say that "Paaah!" I should have maintained in the first place. However, there had been two incidents that were... unexplainable.We were trying to play with fire. Literally. We set a piece of paper down and concentrated on making it burst into flames. Nothing. We decided to focus on a corner of that paper, trying to make it smolder. Nothing. Frustrated, we would have given up but one of us called for one last try. I crumpled the (D4Mn) paper, laid it down and muttered something... rude and vulgar about the paper. We stared at it for minutes until we grew tired and one of us lost her temper. This is getting us nowhere, she said, uncrumpling the paper but she was cut off when we saw that smack in the middle of the sheet was a burn hole as large as my thumb. (I have rather feminine hands so it's not a large hole, actually, but the burn marks were clear) There was the hole surrounded by a ring of black, which turned to scorched brown and, eventually, the white sheet.The second one was a practice on telekinesis. We were, again, frustrated at our attempts to bend a metal spoon by its neck (y'know, that part where the handle narrows before widening into the bowl of the spoon itself) Remembering that trick with the paper, we guessed (yes, dears, guessed. Our research methodology is called trial-and-error-until-frustration) that perhaps it won't work if we're able to directly see the supposed outcome of our... efforts. We wrapped it in paper. Crumpled paper. Then we focused.I thought I was just hallucinating, that I was seeing things due to an increasing headache but I thought I saw the paper lump move. We stared at it some more and, well, this time, it did move as though the spoon was getting bent inside. I pulled back from the circle in shock and, if my memory serves correct, I think all of us did pull away from the... moving lump of crumpled paper. When we did unwrap the spoon... it was, well, bent. Not just a few degrees, like what you'd get if you bang the spoon hard enough on the stair, no. It was a rather decisive bend that anyone trying to eat with that spoon would have to hold it like a ladle.In any case, yeah, I suppose there are people out there who can use magick. I really doubt I am one of those and I attribute the earlier two incidents to one or two of my companions back then. (Paaah! Certainly not the one who can see anime-styled ghosts)We were four back then and my element was supposedly Air. I would have wanted Water, which was cooler, but, come to think of it, I never really liked damp, closed spaces. I have terrible difficulty breathing inside a car, which was left out in the noontime sun for quite a long while, making the air conditioning system blast suffocating heat while around me, all the other passengers were sweating and irate, but generally breathing fine. When I was a kid, I really enjoyed going to school early, 'coz it means the bus can go at a higher speed on the road, for lack of obstacles, which means the cold morning air could enter the windows and whip across my face and billow out my hair behind me. No, I wasn't gay then, just... a kid. One who comes to school with a pair of frozen ears ^_^In any case, I'm rambling. Whatever connection I may have had with magick back then, if I ever had it, it's probably gone now. Ever and anon, I still cast runes but mostly for entertainment. I dunno why but, I suppose, there comes a time when everyone has to grow up and some have to realize that there's nothing special about them... magick-wise, of course :lol:

Magick is definitely our realm. We must give back to Mother Nature. Love all and contribute to the greater aura. Plants in the home and stretching thy self. Produce a good world of Magick.

I for one believe in Magick. But one thing that one must remember if a practicioner, is intent. What is intended by casting or using Magick? Is it for a good or healing cause, or something dark and destructive?

From the Wiccan Rede:

Eight words the wiccan rede fullfil,

"an it harm none, do what ye will."

I cannot say that I have actually used Magick before, and since I am in the learning process, I wouldn't do it until I knew what I was doing. Magick is something that one can learn from, but it takes time, as does most things in life. Anyone that would use Magick to harm another is not powerful at all!

Life is a precious thing. One should not want to destroy or harm it in any way, shape or form.

I guess that is my opinion. :)

That is true ,Magick is the power to create ,modify and destroy reality ,with results sometimes not so pretty in eyes of others ,although life you take ,is at same time ,a complete learning journey ,that holds great meaning to experience it within your own life ,attaching selves towards others in this journey at same time .Everything holds ,a reason why it took place with a time that is proper . Magick comes from within ,you can be told certain way or showed the best way ,only leaving your self ,with confusion and great doubts ,that what you are hearing is not for you ,and you alone ,although do you wish to ,share what you feel is best for you towards another ,as once again you find yourself ,right back at "one" with the thought that Magick ,the only right way ,to practice is your own . I speak of this as through out my Life ,things have been taught to me ,as a child towards to where I am now as adult ,I tried to combine ,what was taught to me through out my life ,holding the acknowledgment and searching through life ,trying to find place to add ,what I know ,into my own life ,only results I found ,my own self being ,was not trusting my own self in events that unraveled through out my life and progressing towards harming all including myself ,within this journey . Struggling most part my life ,with things guided and taught to me ,realizing that ,best magick anyone can actually trust and know that is real for self ,is what you know is your own ,best for yourself . To practice Magick your own way ,trusting Who you are inside ,What you know of own self ,your own beliefs ,intuition ,not what some one shall guide or speak words what one feels is best for you ,when you know inside your own self ,those words ,shall never bring me ,peace only harm . I spent a big part of my life ,pretending and living a life that was never mine to actually live ,based upon what ,was taught and guided me towards ,only leaving me filled with complete emptiness and trail of harming all those I love ,including my own self . Once a person ,lives such way of life ,it seems you begin to notice ,how life around you ,including your own self ,start to slowly crumble away ,leaving a empty shell ,where you once was . I lived a life always second guessing myself and what I truly believed was best for me and event that was taking place ,To find ,such destruction was out come of second guessing ,the truth ,what you truly believed in first place. When you live ,each day second guessing yourself ,trying live a lie that ,you know is not ,who you are inside and hearing spoken words of all the harm created upon others or your own self ,you struggle with all you hold ,to create a balance for yourself in this life ,as yes ,life is way to short ,I agree ,to find yourself second guessing yourself ,as you have to be able to protect yourself even at times from yourself . Trust Thyself is so True ,as life will become very dangerous without it , :) Although sometimes best Teacher in life is ,yourself ,to filter through all ,one ever was taught and raised to believe ,trying combine it all with what ,you know is self ,when in truth ,trusting yourself is only way to be taught .