xisto Community
strange-garden

My Acrylic Nails Are Pretty Disappointing =(

I'm really into nail art and stuff, and went to get my nails done today (first time in a while, I usually do them myself) and they had acrylic nails with the french tips, but different coloured tips. I've seen girls with orange and bright green and stuff and thought it was a cool idea. So anyways, I ask for the tips airbrushed on instead and told her I wanted orange tips (my boyfriend's favourite colour hehe), she told me the whole thing would cost $50. she didn't speak very good english and she put red tips on instead...And they're incredibly messy, and the sides aren't painted properly either. and to make matters worse, its hard to type because she made them too long (i'm a graphic designer, so it really annoys me)I really need to fix my nails. So, I have messy red nailed tips with acrylic nails that are fairly long and I want to make them look nicer with some nail art.Any suggesions?

believe it or not its better to do them yourself, I've had the same problem, some jealous angry woman who hates her job because she SUCKS at it & i was left with horrible nails. I refused to pay for them, and that woman was fired. However, ever since, i do them myself. My advice to you is NEVER EVER PAY for a botched jobDo them yourself Or get a good friend who knows how.

Ya, I might start doing that actually. My mum was a beauty therrapist for 2 years and has all of this nail stuff haha, so I might do my infills myself, and then if one breaks, I'll get it fixed at a place I trust (even though it'll be more expensive...I mean, it's only one nail so who cares haha).

Wow, talk about different worlds!Fingernails are handy when I have an itch. Or if I need to catch, pull, and crush a tick. They also come in handy for opening those innerseals on most products. Other than that they can be a nusance. During kidding season, I have to cut them off at the quick. Goats occasionally need help delivering their kids, and you can't go poking around inside a goats uterus with long fingernails. And I won't even mention what I have to scrap out from under them when working around the kennel...........

woah!you do all those stuffs with your nails??I love long nails, they're definitely beauty factor...I have been keeping my nails long for as long as I can remember, but the most important thing for nails is that they HAVE to be kept clean, very very clean, else its disgusting...

I used to love long nails, until I started playing guitar, nails and guitars are NOT friends! Now I just keep them short out of habbit unless I am in some Goddess mood wherein I feel the need to get artistic.

Yeah, I'm a graphic designer and it makes it hard to type on this keyboard.I filed them back a bit, haven't broken one yet, and painted them black, then painted them dark red...Kind of bloodish red, but without the discustingness of it haha.

well french manicures are really in right now,so why not try white tips?:):)I got some friends who've got really tiny brushes,so they so small designs on their nails...its lovely...

Well first of all, you should never, ever pay for something that you are not pleased with, not happy about. You would never buy an apple, if it was old? Exactly. If you do not like the work that has been done, or think that it is not correct, do not pay for it! Tell her/him that he can correct the mistake, and if you are happy about the work then you will pay him.Second of all, you could try to fix the problem yourself, or take a small trip back too the store where you got this done and claim your money back. Or just cut them off - I don't really like long nails anyway.

hey bluebear i like you signature :) and I totally agreedifference is that I like long nails...which reminds me, I have to get my nails done for tonight, therez gonna be David Guetta the DJ performing live :)I don't know if you know him but he's great!!so cya

Give it another try!

My Acrylic Nails Are Pretty Disappointing

Hey I'm really sorry to hear that. I've never had acrylic nails but I've gotten them done at places (just painted, or French manicure/pedicure) and I learned that some people that work there speak more English then others. So, maybe you had this one bad experience but I wouldn't cross it out forever. Try another place, or maybe even just another person to do your nails.

But, painting them yourself works okay too. The thing is, you have to be good with, both your right & left hand. It's hard for me to do them because I'm terrible with my left hand so it's hard to do my right hand.

My suggestions to you are just to wiggle them and try to pry them off whenever possible. They'll eventually get loose. But, you should know that acrylics are meant to stay on for a very long time so it may take a while to come out. Hope it helped!

~Talia

-reply by Talia

anwserMy Acrylic Nails Are Pretty Disappointing

ok what you can do is you can go to a nail supply store band buy acrylic nail clipers and cut them down to a lenth you like then you can paint them a color you like and do it better then them! and you can add a design

-reply by emily