xisto Community
pop

Trap17 Offers 17 Mb Of Free Hosting

Imagine that Xisto can offer 17 megs of free hosting to any member registered to this forums. I mean, 17 megs of space shoudn't be too much fot this huge hosting company like Xisto. You would only need to geather 100 credits on forums, with ultra quality posts and you can get your 17 megs of space for at least one year.I think it's great idea, don't you? :P

he's hosted himself so he knows how it works. i didn't understand the post either since trap offers 17 megs and then some. mayb he's talking about an option that if you reach 100 credits. you can select a cheaper hosting plan which will take care of hosting for a year.only thing i could think of in what he meant by his post since he's already hostedmaybe he can explain further ***hint***hint*** :P

Yeah I am a bit curious as to where this topic is going, and how would 17MB of hosting be useful because its not all that much. The only thing I can think of from this topics is that pop is just following the number 17 in the domain name, but I sense a bit of disgruntled member as well since I don't pop posting all that much in the forums. So hopefully an explanation about what this is about and enlighten us then we might make sense of this.

I think pop is tired of posting here and wants some free stuffs. Pop always remember "NOTHING COMES FREE, SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY FOR THAT".If Xisto is offering you ads-free hosting, then it is asking to make some quality posts here and nothing else. Theres a variety of topic here to choose from and post/discuss whatever you like.Eventhough you don't want to post, then there is an alternate option go for the free service offered by Xisto, which asks you to show ads from Trap. And also they offer more than 17MB which you are demanding.

Imagine that Xisto can offer 17 megs of free hosting to any member registered to this forums.

The key word here is "free hosting to any member" suggesting that any member who registers with Xisto forum receives 17mbs of free hosting automatically.

Playing on the name Xisto with 17mb of hosting is clever. OpaQue always stresses that the quality is paramount than quantity. And I am concerned that sharing web server resources to anyone registering with the forum contrasting to members who are serious about Xisto forum is not fair to hosting members.

The second is how to limit the abuse and regulation to free web hostings. The biggest downfall of any free web hosting is spammers dragging the reputation down. This is one of reasons why Qupis went from automated instant free web hosting script to manually activated hosting service. It takes just one spammer to use one small free web hosting to do some heavy damage--by sending tens of thousands of spam emails in matter of minutes with just small script using some small web script.

It's nice idea for now but it's going to be hard to regulate so that serious hosting members are not inconvenienced.

Aah that would explain the reason for the post and after reading buff's post and rereading everyone's else you could say we were somewhat thinking the same thing and that was why the heck would we want 17MB of hosting. Of course buff you missed a third point how much in terms of gigs on how many accounts you can produce as well, because you would need a good helping of hosting account so that at least anyone trying for one would get one. I made a calculation that you would need at least 2.0GB of space per 1000 or to break it down at least 1.7GB for the actual host and .3GB for software installation to get the accounts function.Now on that note although clever as it maybe to use the number as the space for your hosting account many hosting sites fail on that just because of the fact that you would want to sucker someone into getting the bigger plan that you would pay money for. Of course it would only be a matter of time before these free hosts that have 100MB hosting plans will close down because its not even space anymore and we require MORE!!! MOOOORE!!!

I don't think this is possible. I suppose it would be fun because of the 17 number and that, but there are so much members, a lot of them passers-by, so the server would be fragmented into lot of accounts, most of them unused. And another thing, the more accounts here, the more that admins have to pay attention to, erase for inactivity, if they violate the TOS, have illegal activities, etc. I mean, not a good idea overall...But then he talks about gathering 100 credits so I don't know. 17 mbs for 100 credits and 500 for 30? :P I still don't understand.

I think such an idea would be plain irresponsible, I highly doubt the servers have 632GB of space to spare, and if they did attempt this, they would be overselling, thus breaking one of their main priorities.Plus, who knows who has accounts here? I am sure most of us dont want spam bots getting access to webspace, the owner of those bots could post all sorts of stuff, and because there would be 38,000 accounts, it would be ages till someone found out...

The reame about and terms and codition pages must be fullly scrolled and correct replies posted to proceed for a new member. Also for members who are inactive for say 30 days also go through the same correct answer to proceed. If fail do again or wait 1 or 2 hours. Pretty fine I think.Posting false information is absolute no no.why is myCENT suddenly zero. Ia am also not credited today?

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I think 17GB instead of 17 MB would be fun. :) 17MB looks like days in 1999-2002 imho. BTW If any host start offering 17GB for free then that will be Overselling defintely. But in future, Most servers will do offer something like, because earlier in 1999-2002 we used to think 50MB/100MB as huge disk space, and now even 1GB is less if you're having Wordpress blog/Invision board installed on server.

Imagine that Xisto can offer 17 megs of free hosting to any member registered to this forums. I mean, 17 megs of space shoudn't be too much fot this huge hosting company like Xisto. You would only need to geather 100 credits on forums, with ultra quality posts and you can get your 17 megs of space for at least one year.
I think it's great idea, don't you? :P

I support you!It's really a good idea. The Xisto mods and admins should consider your idea!Good luck!