xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Hack This School Network, Win A Router

Read Story Here

Yeah and I love this little quote

That hasn't deterred some attackers. Thanks to the publicity surrounding his Wi-Fi challenge, LaRocca says the schools are being hit by about 16,000 online attacks per day.
Still, LaRocca says the insider threat remains his biggest concern. "All my hackers are inside the network," he said. "I'm not too worried about the ones from the outside"

First off idiot, second moron, and third duh. Now really why the heck you going to publicize something like that for? If that number is accurate i only could imagine how many have been successful, and the percentage break down of wannabe's to legit hackers is as well. Although they claim they have a server that is being used to test the security, but what are the odds that this server is still connected to that network in someway. Either way some legit hacker will find a way to get past that phony network they will in find a way to get to the whole network and then work there way into the system and maybe crash it.

Of course I would doubt they got so many safety measures in place for this little open challenge so I think they are taken every percaution that will prevent someone to get very lucky and get further into the system.

Either way doing something like this just so someone could win a $100-200 router could cost you millions and so I conclude idiot, moron, and lastly duh.

I heard about this on the radio when listening to MPR News, a couple of weeks ago, i think. I found it interesting that they were actually holding a contest for this and giving away a piece of hardware. I was surprised as to how confident they were with their security system. There's no such thing as a 100% secure system. Or are they trying to prove that it may be possible to build a system that's 100% secure? Either way, i wonder if we'll hear about the winner.

Well we can safely bet this idiot will be loosing his job soon enough....Fair enough, hold a hacking challenge, but not on a frikking school network! As said it takes one idiot to go to the wrong server delete all user logins and any backups he finds, install truck loads of malware, format the drives, block ports etc... and a whole load of school students no longer have the vital IT access they need to complete their work to get into uni and a whole generation end up with rubbish education because some gimp wants to test his security!But there ya go...Theres always oneAs a method of taking him down just offer an admin $5O for the passwords, hack in, get the router, sell it and split the moneys!