xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Dark Day For Baseball Fans

Well we all know about the steroid scandals for the last few hitting some big players, and of course Barry Bonds on purjury charges a few weeks ago. Now the Big report which you can actually download here. In this report includes the following players:

Chad AllenMike BellGary BennettLarry BigbieKevin BrownAlex CabreraMark CarreonJason ChristiansenHowie ClarkRoger ClemensJack CustBrendan DonnellyChris DonnelsMatt FrancoEric GagneMatt HergesPhil HiattGlenallen HillTodd HundleyMike JuddDavid JusticeChuck KnoblauchTim LakerMike LansingPaul Lo DucaNook LoganJosias ManzanilloCody McKayKent MerckerBart MiadichHal MorrisDaniel NaultyDenny NeagleJim ParqueLuis PerezAndy PettitteAdam PiattTodd PrattStephen RandolphAdam RiggsArmando RiosBrian RobertsF.P. SantangeloMike StantonRicky StoneMiguel TejadaIsmael ValdezMo VaughnRon VilloneFernando VinaRondell WhiteJeff WilliamsTodd WilliamsSteve WoodardKevin YoungGregg ZaunManny AlexanderRick AnkielDavid BellMarvin BenardBarry BondsRicky BonesPaul ByrdKen CaminitiJose CansecoPaxton CrawfordLenny DykstraBobby EstalellaRyan FranklinJason GiambiJeremy GiambiJay GibbonsTroy GlausJuan GonzalezJason GrimsleyJose GuillenJerry Hairston Jr.Darren HolmesRyan JorgensenWally JoynerGary Matthews Jr.Rafael PalmeiroJohn RockerBenito SantiagoScott SchoeneweisDavid SeguiGary SheffieldDerrick TurnbowRandy VelardeMatt Williams

As you can see these are some of the biggest names in baseball, and I would like to point out that I had my suspicions on Clemans because of how big he but I guess now he is busted. So what does that mean for a lot of these players, it's very simple if the proof is there then there careers are over and most of them can kiss their entry to the Baseball Hall of Fame as well. Although I lost interest in baseball years ago due to strike I was slowly getting back into it as I was read news and scores about the Yankee's losing, but now with this report I don't even think I will watch 2 seconds of baseball anymore. So how does that work out for the fans who think of these people as there hero's thats on them to decide to drop them and look for someone else or stick with them until the end.

SOURCES

Link #1

Link #2

I think this report is fairly accurate. Mitchell, the guy that printed these names, was a former US Senator, so he has some good credentials. Some of the people on the list seem like they did take steroids, and the others, well, I'd hate to see how they play without steroids! I liked Canseco's comment when he said something like "Since A-Rods name isn't on there, the list is not complete." Baseball is just a mess these days. Blame it on Pete Rose for starting it all :P

I've read quite a few articles pertaining to this article and have seen lots of names I've seen my whole life (a whole 16 years) and a few of them I liked a lot. No not the Yankee players, in my mind they are all cheaters even though I know it isn't true. Clemens of course denies that he ever took performance enhancing drugs but McNamee admitted to injecting them into him on a number of occasions when he was with the Blue Jays and in 2000 and 2001 with the Yankees. Gary Sheffield is a name that surprises me. Eric Gagne is another big name but he also took them in the past as far as the investigation shows, not with the Red Sox showing why he stunk up the field. It's quite surprising how many players came out in the report, but of course you have to be careful as to what conclusions are jumped to. Mine are all based off articles I've read on MLB.com but it doesn't mean they don't exaggerate the extent/seriousness of the situation for many.

People keep calling it a 'dark day for baseball', but I don't consider it so. If anything, it's a good first step. A good first step to cleaning up baseball and bringing it back to roots that were once more about sportsmanship, teamwork, and being a role model to America's youth. A good first step to getting the cheaters and lawbreakers out of baseball. Now that the U.S. government is FINALLY stepping in, Selig can't ignore the issue any longer. It's clear now that all Selig cared about was ticket revenues, and with an irate government now ready to interfere, hopefully we can now see some progress. First the government pressured Selig into harsher penalties and now looks ready to force even more drastic reforms. It's about time.As Mitchell said, this is probably just the tip of the iceberg too. More names are sure to come, and I'm guessing Julio Franco will be one. It should become very clear very quickly that many of the players displaying unusual longevity were able to do so because of steroid use rather than better training methods or other factors. I will go on the record and say I think some players will prove exceptions, like the now velocity-inhibited Greg Maddux, and Jim 'Built-Like-A-Mountain-As-A-Result-Of-Heredity' Thome, but it will become quite clear many of today's record-breakers needed to cheat to achieve their feats.I look forward to seeing the playing field leveled. To seeing a game of players who win fairly and honestly, and can be good role models for kids. However, I suppose the situation with major league baseball is only reflective of the state our economy is reaching as a whole in terms of dishonesty and overall degradation of integrity. What bothers me about all this is seeing the names of Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson linked with those of cheaters like Bonds, Giambi, and now, Clemens and Tejada as well. Rose's crime was breaking a now-defunct, non-sensical baseball rule against gambling. If the same rule existed then numerous players would be guilty every time they went to L.A. or the racetrack. The rule against gambling was only an obscure baseball rule while the steroid laws are enforced by the U.S. government, which is why I do not think breaking the ancient gambling code and using illegal steroids is not comparable.On the one hand, you have players who are supporting an illegal black market industry, who are creating an environment where other players and America's youth are motivated to use drugs that could prove life-threatening and personality-altering, and are breaking U.S. laws. On the other hand you have a guy who always played baseball hard but legal, loved the game, and broke an obscure baseball rule that is no longer enforced.With Shoeless Joe, you have a guy who supposedly admitted to throwing a World Series, but... while his other teammates showed no effort, he had a series that exceeded even his high standards and proved one of the greatest exhibitions of skill ever seen in such a setting. His performance now appears heroic rather than illegal, and while his notoriously noble character may have led him to confess over what may have been something as minor as taking one bad at bat for which he appeared to have more than atoned for, he should not be mentioned in the same sentence as men who for years broke U.S. laws for the sake of their personal records and pocketbooks. Baseball is changing, finally. Maybe someday we'll even see once more the likes of Lou Gherig, Jackie Robinson, Roberto Clemente... and Shoeless Joe Jackson.

That list is on the money, but there a few names there that really throw up a red flag to me. Namely Mo Vaughn. true is got bigger. But that wasnt roids but F O O D! I am not saying he didnt use or he did. I dont know or really care. Namely because he isnt active anymore or in a Mets uniform. ;) But If he did you HGH, it was Hamburgs Greens and Hotdogs.

It may seem like a dark day for baseball, but I've got to agree that it is a first step to cleaning out the steroids and drug use in Baseball. However, Baseball isnt the only sport plagued with those problems, many other sports also have issues with this as well. Good on the US government to step in and to take drastic measures to clean up drugs/steroids and other illegal performance enchancing uses in sport.