xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Canadian Shocked To Get $85,000 Phone Bill

Lolz!!! Ha ha.. Mobile Phone internet access here in the Philippines is sooooo cheap! Won't have to be worrying about ever getting a bill for over $85,000.. Maybe you people should consider relocating.. haha.. Mobile phone internet access here is only 20 pesos per 30 minutes.. which correlates to about .50 cents per hour in American dollar money.. Wow, what a bargain!

omg! 85k!!! i racked up a $1,800 phone bill with myself alone when i was 16! and you know what my parents did? they broke my $400 phone in half and threw it in the garbage o.o its been 2 years since then and my dad is still paying for that phone bill x-x good thing i'm on prepaid now :) and i'm not even paying for that o.o; my bf is! but still i'm glad i have mobile to mobile minutes with my bf since he has the same company as me but seriously its not hard to rack up a phone bill Long distance charges + roaming + browsing the internet on your phone. My phone company charges me per kb!! like its like 1 cent per kb x-x but glad that guy got the phone bill down to atleast 3k! cause thats still an outrageous amount of money :)

Edited by Tunay (see edit history)

All I have to say thank god I never set up my cell phone like this because damn that is a lot for a phone bill. Of course I guess when you look into using your cell phone as a modem MAKE SURE TO READ YOUR PLAN about how unlimited that plan is and the limitations on that modem as well. Well at least they were nice enough to knock down that bill to $3,400, but of course they are going to fight that as well and it they don't get it lowered anymore he should be lucky that he is not paying the full amount. You know how anal phone companies are about getting their money :)Source

Was that actually the full amount? ( sorry , link isn't working). The only way I can imagine getting a phone bill like that is going to america for a month and have left the phone on all that time >.>. But if it was just a common administrative error , than I would assume legal action right away. Things like this are too common. Something in the paper a while ago , these two '' solicitors '' were harrasing a man for a phone bill , with his wife dying and their saying she deserved to. They got a lawsuit. I forget which newspaper though. But still , $85,000 would be almost impossible to tot up on a single cell phone =/

Wow 85,000 thats just insane, I'm glad I read this post as hubby is a Truck Driver and has a laptop he takes with him so we can stay in touch better and play games together at night when he is not driving, but he doest always have service where he is at so he has been talking about using his verizon phone to get his interenet, or using it as his modem however that would works, I am not very smart about those kinds of things, But anyway I will make him fiind out all the details and read all the fine print now before he does anythign like that, becaue I would have to kill him if we ended up with a bill like that! lol Anyway im gld to see that the guy got his bill dropped down to the 3,400 I dont know why he would try to fight that, to me that looks like the company is trying to be more than fair, I would be afraid if I tried to fight it and lost that I would have to end up paying more then that. Anyway just my thoughts!

poor guy , but now a days all the service providers has a limit for them , so that if the bill exceeds the limit the connection is automatically cut , here in this case that would not have been implemented so only the bill is so high. It is always Good and advisible for all to have a credict limit fixed for their phones inorder to avoid these stuffs..

Thats just shocking, but it goes to show, always read the contract!.Good that they reduced the bill but thats still to much to be paying for a phone bill!.