xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Canadian Shocked To Get $85,000 Phone Bill

All I have to say thank god I never set up my cell phone like this because damn that is a lot for a phone bill. Of course I guess when you look into using your cell phone as a modem MAKE SURE TO READ YOUR PLAN about how unlimited that plan is and the limitations on that modem as well. Well at least they were nice enough to knock down that bill to $3,400, but of course they are going to fight that as well and it they don't get it lowered anymore he should be lucky that he is not paying the full amount. You know how anal phone companies are about getting their money :P
Source

Thats very bad lol. I've been charged a few hundred dollars for going for my capped internet allocation amount be before and since then switched to unlimited plans. 85,000 dollars lol thats too much, it just shows how much the phone companies are charging too much for internet acess. Comon 1-2 months worth of interent even over mobile files ending up to 85,000 is rediculous.

I'm guessing its the megabyte charge?Some plans charge on a per-megabyte basis.One plan I know is 1 MB = 2$,so If he downloads a full movie DVD, then4.7GB = 4700 MB 4700 * 2$ = allot of money.more than 1 dvd = allot more money.I remember my first phone bill, it was $300+, turns out that the people at the cell phone store assigned the wrong plan, lucky me :P

lol $85,000!!!! how crazy must they be to waste all that on a phone1!!stupid people, why would you use a mobile for a modem?

I'm sure he was shocked and surprised to see the bill. Even if you are using a mobile phone for internet, that price is completely unreasonable.I had my own experiences with high cell phone bills, though they were on account of going over on my limited daytime minutes. Yet another example of greedy phone companies taking advantage of people. They charged me 20 cents a minute for calls that could have been free for hours with an extra $5 a month. I thought I had unlimitied evenings and weekends. It turns out I didn't. They were happy to sign me up for it, but wouldn't lower the charges. $1250 phone bill.Cell phones aren't a great choice for communication, in general, it seems.Luckily, when it comes to internet, I get unlimitied browsing for $10, which includes my call display, voicemail, and text messages.Different plans are good for different things.You really need to be careful, and know exactly what you're getting into.

That my friend is why you can't try to cheat the system. Those who wish to connect to the internet using their phone as the modem should probably just invest another $60/month for a wireless card provided by your cell phone prividor. This is unlimited and in this case can save you thousands of dollars. Good luck to that person hoping to bring down their bill but I think they should pay a lot of that.

That guy must be a total dunce to have to go over by that much. They send you an email and write you a letter everytime you go over your bandwidth. It's 80cents per mb extra if you go over your usage with wireless...That's just crazy to me. At the moment I'm on a 40gig plan and I'm paying the same amount as what I would if I was on a 12 gig plan with Australia's favourite provider. I used to work for a service provider and everyday I'd have people call up with $2000-$3000 bills for that month, begging me to help them...I felt so bad, because it was their fault and I couldn't help them without getting fired. I'd often get yelled at and stuff. =(

stupid people, why would you use a mobile for a modem?

In this case, I'm glad I'm stupid.... I would never figure out how to do that, and therefore never have a bill that large...

I will probably kill myself with a bill like that!My parents gets mad when my phone bill is over $20! It's because here at Costa Rica the cellphone is very cheap! :) For example Internet is just $7 per month and it's unlimited!!! and each SMS is just $0.003! And each minute at day is $0.06 and at night $0.05! :( VERY VERY CHEAP! I remember my first bill was just $10! :(