xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

Hi! I Am New! Hello

Hi! ;) I am new to this forum, and I am very confused to how it works. First of all, how do the administrators know who has been online within the past week? ;) Second, do we need 10 posts to get a free hosting account? Lastly, I don't know how the administrator knows how many GOOD posts we have. ;) Also, is there a mini service, for example, a small hosting account for only 7 posts or something simliar. Please, I need some help with the service in general, and I hope someone can help me! Thank you! It would be a great aid! :P Cordially, New UserThank you for your help!.

First of all, how do the administrators know who has been online within the past week?

lol .. the admin will know who has been online. U will sure log into this forum and this will create a log file that admin will look at.

Second, do we need 10 posts to get a free hosting account?

u will need 15 good posts to get a free hosting account. Good posts mean replies that r more than 3 lines with good content.

Also, is there a mini service, for example, a small hosting account for only 7 posts or something simliar.

i dun think there's one out there. The min. is 15 posts. What makes the differences between 7 posts and 15 posts ? just post 8 more n apply it. ;)

As far as I know the minimum number of posts for the 20mb package is now 15 posts rather than 10. That's what it says on the main page and in the sticky thread on the hosting forum anyway. Looking through threads where people have been denied all the admins seem to be saying that 15 is the minimum, as well as that they need to be 3 lines long and relevant in some way. There is enough content in this forum though that 15 posts should not be a problem at all.

Unfortunetaly, I don't really know enough about anything to post more than 3 lines long... and what resolution do the administrators use? What happens if they use a different resolution? Then they'll either see more than the user who posted it or less than the user who posted the reply! And what are Xisto Reputations? Are those praise from members? This is really confusing for me! ;)~Dooga~

If you're having trouble in some of the technical bits, try the more general areas of the forum, just find a topic that interests you and you'll probably end up saying a fair bit without even noticing. Far better to do it that way than to find yourself looking for two more words to add to the end of your reply to make sure you have got a three line post.As for the reputation, as far as I can tell, and I am still new here and so welcome correction from someone with more idea what's going on, the reputation system is used for forum users to provide feedback about each other. If someone thinks I have been helpful, they might click to raise my reputation, while if they think I have done something particularly bad they might click to lower it. Similarly I might choose to raise/lower someone else's reputation based on how helpful they are.I hope all this helps, shout if you have more questions.

Thanks! Everyone here has been helping me a lot! I hope I can acheive my goal (whatever it is) and thanks again. Oh darn this isn't 3 lines long... oh well, it won't count anyways! It's not like I won't be able to post a couple of more posts! However, I do post a lot in forums when I have the time. Anyways, you've been a great help! Happy NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!~DoogaThis might end up being 3 lines... who cares... I'll just <- snipped -> a couple of times to make up my bad post... "Who's Your Buddy?... boy that ad looks interesting... I'm going to click it! Blah!"...}