xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
omarsdali

How Do I Manage Dns Or Disable It ? how do i change dns records for my domain or disable it

I looked everywhere in Cpanel but I can't find where I can change the DNS records for my domain. This is the only thing stopping me from moving my website over to Xisto, because I need to manage DNS myself. If I can't manage it then at least I should be able to disable it. And Xisto offers professional hosting so they shoulf offer this too.EDIT: There should be somewhere in Cpanel that allows us to have Custom DNS Records, but I can't find it or it's not enabled.

Edited by omarsdali (see edit history)

After doing some research o this topic it would seem to be that DNS records are at admin level for the subdomain so you can't change anything. I know you can add and park Top Level Domains and or create more subdomains for your site and so I think that is the limitation you have in terms of DNS. You can find those tools in the Site Management Tools which is right below the Email Management Tools.

In Cpanel, only MX records can be modified.You are free to use a service like ZONEEDIT.com if you want to manage DNS yourself.But if the system gives you DNS control, then it will lose its own power to create/manage subdomains, parked domains etc. for you. Professional hosting with User friendly interface is Important. It does not mean, Giving you SHELL access and asking you to type CODES and get your work done for every other task.I apolgize for the inconvenience caused.Thank you,Shree