xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

South Koreans Clone Cats That Glow In The Dark

Ok although I am aware about animal experimentation to better mankind and all that stuff and how cruel some of these experiments can be but I have to ask WTH and OMG.

Posted Image

Although it looks cool and eerie looking I have to say though I don't want to glow like that. I wonder what PETA has to say about this :P.

Here is the story about this um side affect.

Like I said I am aware of it but it is a fight I don't want to participate in, does it mean I am ugly person? No I say in my defense the less I know whats really going on the less I have to think about. I am person who is in between the fight do I think some of things that do go on that screw with animals and people is messed up yeah, but I don't believe in some of the tactics these activist do to fix the problem. Either way I would say that this "side effect" is one of those things that scientist should be worried about and or fix it somehow without the need to kill these animals to start over again.

I must say, that regardless of medical or ethical implications, this does look pretty cool. I'm not going to really take a stance on animal experimentation either because I can see both sides of the issue. All I will say is that while there is (unfortunately) some abuse and cruelty that goes on in labs, animal experimentation has led to numerous valuable advances in different areas of medicine which have positively benefited human life. Whether that is really worth the cost of the animals experimented on is something I will not delve in to.

It's the News Headline in my area today.For me, manipulating genes for fauna should be banned.Why?It's it obvious enough that some one will do it on human also...And how about God?Does He allow this?And yes, Saint Micheal is right.If I am the one of those kitten, I don't want to be different from my species being.

Lol, I bet they glow in the dark because of North Korea's radioactive nuclear energy. Maybe Kil-Jong-Il made them.Even though there are issues with humane threatment of animals, needless to say, that's one kitty I'd want. Too bad they only glow when exposed to ultraviolet beams...it would be cool if it just glowed in the dark itself. :P

wow, messing with genomes is really dangerous, and the process is not perfect meaning that everytime we clone something its genome is slightly different. This is the start of something dreadful, and we will regret it in the future. If you seen the Asgard (stargate sg-1) then you'd know what i'd be talking about. But outside the context of fiction no copying process is perfect, meaning that a copied file might have an off-placed 0 or 1 or one could of been destroyed during the copying process.

I can see where you are all coming from on this issue and I indeed agree that there is much danger in performing such genetic manupulation. The only argument that I am truly opposed to is this:

And how about God?

Does He allow this?

I'll be quite honest wgn_white, I'm not particularly religious (but neither am I an agnostic/athiest). I honestly don't believe in trying to argue about something using God as a source or justification. One could easily say that if we are "playing God" by manipulating genes, then this is just another way that He forged us in His image.

Aside from that, one can never know what God (if he truly exists) allows something. Obviously we are able to do it, so it's not like God is putting physical restrictions upon us. That being said, we should look to reason, logic, and the humanity in all of us to make decisions and figure out whether or not things are right. Such a method is (I believe) much superior to looking to a supernatural entity for guidance.