xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrandG

Im Looking For A Pc For Thats Good Overall

A pc where i can get good video chip (or what ever its called) for my games. something that has space for my music, ect. and runs fast. i only have 500 dollars to spend. what would be a cheap good brand? hp?ohh and, bestbuy or circuitcity?

Edited by GrandG (see edit history)

Are you looking for a desktop computer, or a laptop? (A desktop PC will run faster and cooler than a laptop.)If it is going to have vista on it, I recommend no less than 2GB of RAM (Random Access Memory) this will help speed up the PC.I strongly recommend on getting a computer with windows Xp or Linux on it instead of Vista, that or downgrade to either of these. Dell offers Linux on their computers and if i do recall they still offer Windows Xp as well.Dual Core processors will vastly improve performance as well. For Video Memory you are probably going to want at least 128 of dedicated video ram (Memory that is not shared with the computer's RAM)Most computers come with a big enough hard drive to support your needs, and if you get a desktop you can always add more.I have always been impressed with hp computers, because they are good quality computers for a decent price.It really doesn't matter where you want to get the computer, i recommend watching the websites for Circuit City and Best Buy and waiting for a sale, but don't forget to compare the price before you buy. I hope this helped you in your decision, if you need more assistance I would be happy to help you.

for 500 bucks, you wont get much. but still, get at least 1 gig of RAM, if you are running vista, no less than 2 gigs. you will need a decent video card, but most machines with vista have good enough ones, especially with your budget, thats probably the best you could do. i would recommend going with xp, however, because there is more compatibility with games and such. you will basically need a dual core, if not quad core processor for gaming and such. If your budget is only 500, you cant expect much from a video card, but just go with the cheapest option when buying the computer, then upgrade to something with at least 256 mb of dedicated ram, if not more. games now-a-days are pretty demanding. dont get lower than a 120 gig hard drive, i skimped out and got an 80 gig, now i want to install vista, ubuntu, and still have xp, and its not working out.dell is your best bet, or compaq. but check manufacturer websites, then look at local stores, and see how different the prices are. that will tell you where to buy from by how different the prices are normally. most likely the local stores will have the better deal, but i got mine from dell directly and it was a better deal doing that. just look around. and check newegg.com too.

Build your own computer from http://www.newegg.com/ out of the parts. It's all very very easy to do - everything fits on the motherboard in ways so that it's impossible for you to screw it up. You cannot put the wrong thing in the wrong way because it's designed that way. If you do put something in wrong, it just won't fit. That simple.If you build your own computer, you will save yourself a LOT of money. Buying from Dell or any other computer company will force you to overpay for what you're getting.