xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrandG

Linksys Router Disconnection Very Often

I have a very good linksys router and a linksys thing i plug into my usb and it picks up the signal. When I play WoW (a multiplayer game on the pc) like 30 seconds after i log in it disconnects me. when im wired to my router, it dose not disconnect me at all, everything works fine. any suggestions?

You must have something faulty going on with your router, or your USB receiver has a problem. Did you install the updated drivers for the USB device? I would check that first.Otherwise, does the USB receiver pick up other wireless signals and hold a connection? If it does, I suppose you must have a faulty router, though this is very strange as I personally have purchased numerous Linksys routers for customers and have had nothing but unparalleled success.Also, you could always check the wireless configuration on the router (probably try factory defaults first to make sure). Hope this helps!

crashcore has the right suggestions. Are you able to keep a solid connection when browsing the web for example vs. playing WOW? You also did not specify how far from the router your usb device is. There are a lot of factors that can influence wireless reception. Concrete walls, microwaves, cordless phones, wireless tv setups, etc (they all use 2.4 ghz bandwith) Im assuming your using 802.11b/g. Let us know some more details and we can try and pinpoint the problem. Like crash said above, it is very rare that a linksys router would be faulty. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

i have a solid connection when simply browsing the net...Linksys Router Disconnection Very OftenBut when I play cabal online I kept on getting disconnection..Any tipz? my linksys is Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port Switch,...-
question by SAME

The quickest solutions I can think of that will help give you a stable connection while playing online games is update your firmware, enable WPA security and make sure all devices connected to the router have a different IP address. Other then that it would be best to get a hold of tech support at linksys and see what they can do to give yo ua more stable connection.

All Linksys routers do thisLinksys Router Disconnection Very Often

I had the same problem with my prior linksys router so I bought a new one (the more expensive small business - enterprise version) and have the same exact problem. It seems Linksys firmware is junk. You can tinker and try to get a reliable connection. Others will tell you to upgrade the firmware or set up a static IP -none of this has worked for me...

Good luck.

-reply by Mike

SAme problemLinksys Router Disconnection Very Often

I have a linksys wrt54g2 model have very frequent disconnections.Seems that linksys is not good.Maybe I'll go for other lousier and better brands next time.Only when I thought linksys was the by far known best brand

Keywords: linksys wrt54g2 disconnect

You can change the Channel your router is running with of these three: Channel 1, 6 or 11. Or if that fails...update the firmware of your router..just be careful as it might turn your router into a brick..ehehe