xisto Community
keego

Flash Actionscript Help i need help on some actionscript for flash galleries and such

Hi guys
i was hoping if anyone that is good at coding could pretty please help me out

im rather good at designing compared to coding for flash.. so here goes..

Im trying to make a flash gallery.. ive started. and i know how to make buttons to go nxt and back and so forth... but i want to know if anyone knows the actionscript to make a thumbnail .. so that you click on it .and it will load the larger version on a little flash popup screen or just somewhere on the page.. its hard to explain but ill try to find an example to show u :D

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ <--- check this out..

see how you click the bottom thumnail and it appears at the top. thats what i want to do but cnt find a tutorial for it. :D can anyone help me please :P

oh yeah i forgot to ask aS well.. um does anyone know the action script in flash that alows you to go to a certain frame and play it? .. for example.. if i have a intro for my flash file .. and then when the intro ends it goes to a screen that has a play button. and when i click on play it will go to the frame .. Scene 1 and start playin that scene. :Ddoes anyone have or know that code? if anyone does pass it on please :Pthanks again

Sorry, I'm rubbish at Flash. Anyway, I've recently discovered LightWindow. It's VERY similar to LightBox but it allows LOADS more stuff. Like forms, flash, pictures, external files, websites etc.

clicky

Sorry, I'm rubbish at Flash. Anyway, I've recently discovered LightWindow. It's VERY similar to LightBox but it allows LOADS more stuff. Like forms, flash, pictures, external files, websites etc.
clicky

yeah i checked it out. i don't really get how to use it though. i mean is it suppose to be codes.. or is it a program that does it for you ?

:P thanks for the help though

i like the fact that you can load flash on it . thats pretty awesome

It looks just like Javascript code and CSS to me. Its pretty cool how much JS and CSS can do :P. Well I'm interested in having my own gallery so I'ma look into it today. If I figure it out I may be able to help. How hard can it be just JS and CSS lol.

Since your looking to flash I would recommend checking out http://www.pixel2life.com/ They have quite a nice database of tutorials and have a nice section of flash so that can help you out as well.

Also there are quite a few gallery scripts especially ajax galleries, and since your using lightbox you will like this website as it covers many different versions of lightbox and what else you can do with using this script as well.

LightBox

Of course here are the different Gallery scripts as well that are either ajax based or javascript based.

However, if your interested in a flash gallery then you could try these out

flash image gallery

Or if you looking to gain coding experience then here is a nice list of tutorials on how to build a flash gallery.

So as you can tell I can't provide with how to code since I am not a flash guy, but these resources should be able to help you on your way.

oh yeah i forgot to ask aS well.. um does anyone know the action script in flash that alows you to go to a certain frame and play it? .. for example.. if i have a intro for my flash file .. and then when the intro ends it goes to a screen that has a play button. and when i click on play it will go to the frame .. Scene 1 and start playin that scene. :)

does anyone have or know that code? if anyone does pass it on please :D

thanks again

If your animation is on the main timeline:

_level0.gotoAndPlay(frame);

Where frame can be either the desired frame number or frame label.

If your animation is in a MovieClip symbol's timeline then:

name_of_symbol_instance.gotoAndPlay(frame);

Hope that helps.

Edited by dimumurray (see edit history)