xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lailai

What Is Sofa In China?

Today I just found out in many chinese forums the first reply sometimes post sofa(沙发 In Chinese) because So-Fast is a bit like SoFast. Now people thinks like Chair for second reply, Ground for third reply, Underground for fourth reply and goes on.

I am not sure about what you were saying above. But, i too have heard a different kind of SOFA.Yeah, SOFA is an acronym , for a speech delivery aspect. I came across this word in my communication skills class.When giving an oral presentation, SOFA technique to handle the audience better.SOFA means , Smile, Open, Friendly and Acknowledge...Smile : You have to sport a friendly smile on your face .Open : Have an open posture towards the audience. Give them the confidence to be interactive with you.Friendly : Try to be friendly with the audience.Acknowledge : Whenever the audience interacts with you, acknowledge him in a prompt manner. I am not sure if these rules would help a lot, but still, that is yet another SOFA i know, with respect to the title of the thread, started here...

Today I just found out in many chinese forums the first reply sometimes post sofa(沙发 In Chinese) because So-Fast is a bit like SoFast. Now people thinks like Chair for second reply, Ground for third reply, Underground for fourth reply and goes on.

Oh! This is something I have always wondered! I post at Chinese forums pretty often, and I always see the first poster type things like 我得到沙发了 (I got the sofa). I dislike it though, because a lot of people just type about getting the 'sofa' and nothing of relevance to the topic, which is blatant spamming (who the heck cares whether you post a reply first if you are just posting something irrelevant right?).

Anyway, good to understand! I don't know about the chair, ground or underground bit though. Haven't seen those yet!

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)