xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
awagink

Talk About Tuition And Fees For College

nowdays tuition and fees for college are much higher than ever before .how to finance one's college education has become a matter of great concern for many people , thee young students and their family.actually just as there is more than one way to skin a cat so it seems we can deal with tuition and fees in many ways.some can get all the neede money from their parents . some others can apply for a loan specially set up for college students . still others can also raise the money completely by themselves , by doing a fu-time job in the summer and winter holidays . or even others can ask their parents to prvide the greater part and earn the rest in their spare time by doing a part-time job.in my opinion , the last method may prove to be quite benneficical in many respects.

I've earned myself a tuition waiver that covers all, but the last $200 of tuition for 4 years. I am applying for a couple more scholarships to finish that up and then pay for books. I live at home so room and board will be free and my dad pays for everything car-wise so I'm pretty much set for a free ride through college. I do plan on interning at IBM though to make a little extra money and get more training in the computer programming area, but other than that, nothing too special.

If you don't mind spending time off of campus students can always work on a part time job that doesn't blow. You know, like Fed Ex for example, they have a high quantity of help needed and still they don't feel compelled to let you go as quickly as other quick hires would. In fact in some stations I would say that the quick hiring is almost too good to be true, you just have to go through one interview and a drug test. Nothing wierd or nothing, the benefits for this type of job rocks. You even get tuition reimbursement up to or less than $3000 per year. C average for a community college and B- average for graduate school as minimum for gaining this benefit active. Just a quick suggestion to getting through college a little easier, my brother has been doing so for years and is almost done.

If you don't mind spending time off of campus students can always work on a part time job that doesn't blow. You know, like Fed Ex for example, they have a high quantity of help needed and still they don't feel compelled to let you go as quickly as other quick hires would. In fact in some stations I would say that the quick hiring is almost too good to be true, you just have to go through one interview and a drug test. Nothing wierd or nothing, the benefits for this type of job rocks. You even get tuition reimbursement up to or less than $3000 per year. C average for a community college and B- average for graduate school as minimum for gaining this benefit active. Just a quick suggestion to getting through college a little easier, my brother has been doing so for years and is almost done.

this is a good idea , i think you must have lot of experence about this way. :P

A good way to save a bit of money on college is to go to a local community school for your first few years and get through all your general education classes, and then you can go on to a state college or whatever. Getting a job can help, but it usually doesn't pay for all your tuition unless you're at some big company and they say "we'll pay for the rest of your college if you come and work for us."Also, if you're in a low income family but have decent grades, most colleges will give you some grants, which is nice. Other than that you just have to be amazing and hope you can get a full scholarship I guess. :P

i agree with your mind that somebody could go to a local community school for saving same money .getting a part-time job is also a good way to earn some money for tuition. :) Christmas day is going to be coming . merry Christmas !

Yes its true nowadays tuition fees are really higher than ever before.Actually the tuition teachers are nowadays just teach to earn money ,except some who reallly want to share their knowledge with the younger generations.I would like to be in the past where teachers wanted to share their knowledge with the students

in my opinion the best way to pay for colege is by doing you best from the bigining in highschool and get good grades, and if you dont think you're smart that you can always do clubs for stuff you like or play sports and get involve in your comunity, what i'm saying is that the best and easiest way to pay for colege is with schorlarships and belive me there's a scholar ship for almost anything seriously. and best of all its free education and who doesnt want free stuff. the only down part is you gotta start your first year of high school if you slack off or you decide that you actualy want to do something with your life by your junior or senior year it'll be very hard to get a scholarship by then, then you'll have to settle for loans and your parents and family.

I agree. The economy has changed for the better or worse.A part-time job would be best yes. If you're not in Uni/College at the moment, start having a job and start saving now, the sooner the better.Although, when going to either Uni/College, you can still have a part-time job, and then a full-time in the Summer, yes I do agree. For me, because I'm not exactly rolling in money, I think I'll have to get a student loan. I'm already working, and I can see the difficulties, what with your job, your education and your social life. But yes, education costs nowadays, but you'll be thankful for it when you are rolling in the money through your good job, applied by your education.

I think that study hard and doing your best from the begining in highschool and get good grades for scholarship is also a good way to pay our tuition .study hard for the university /College scholarship . but this way is only for few students . many students have to get a part-time job for their tuition .

If you are an European Union citizen, you can always apply to Scotland's universities. The Scottish Parliament decided that SAAS (Students Award Agency for Scotland) will pay your fees if you apply correctly :) But... Its not as totally free as you might think :) After graduation you need to pay "Graduate Endowment" which is about 1700 British Pounds, however if your salary is below the certain country's average, you do not need to pay :P

Well, tuition/fees really depend on where you live and where you plan on studying. For example, the cost of going to school in the US for a US citizen is definitely higher than for a UK citizen in the UK. At my school the program is rather intense so I don't have time for a part-time job, much as I would like one. Student loans for me looked to be the best choice, but I think they are only good for people who are relatively certain they can get a decent job after completing their degree, otherwise paying it back becomes problematic (I've seen this happen firsthand to people I know).

well right now i'm having trouble finding a school loan and i've tried to get a government loan (FAFSA) but they denied me for some reason -.- anyways i tried to get a loan from the bank and i got denied also and so far i can't find any decent place to get a loan. and my dad is my cosigner and he has a great credit record. i don't have much of a credit record but maybe thats why its so hard to get a student loan for college. T.T anyone know any good sites for that? I've also tried to get some scholarships but i don't know i guess i'll just have to wait to see if i get them or not :)

Edited by Tunay (see edit history)

Well, I don't know if they're the best choice for getting loans, but they're who I went with. I got student loans from a company called My Rich Uncle. If you do a google search for them you should be able to find their website. If it's a federal loan through them it's fairly standard, but they have a different system for private loans. While I didn't get any of those loans, if I understand it correctly they are investing in your degree essentially. After graduating from your college/university and finding a job they will take something like 1% (I don't know the actual number) of your salary for a certain amount of time. A few years was the case in the article I was reading.

Well you could always apply for a scholarship. In our country, a lot of schools know that a lot of students are in families of low income so they offer scholarships for these students. The government also provides scholarships. Of course there's always a catch. These students, before given scholarships, have to pass an aptitude test. Sometimes, the aptitude test depends on the course you're going to take in college. The scholarship that I got back in college were only for science- and engineering-related courses. Moreover, these scholarship-granting bodies sometimes require a background check on the families to determine which bracket the student would be included. By bracket, I meant that the scholarship has different levels, with each level providing different amounts to subsidize the student's tuition fees. These brackets depend on the family's net income.I don't know if this applies to your school, but you could also work as a student assistant. Back in college, I know a lot of people who work as student assistants in our department so their tuition fees are provided by the school. In that way, they don't have to worry about paying their tuition fees.