xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
**Satan**

Doing Push Ups? is doing push ups a good way to get a strong body?

hello

i wanted to know will doing push ups for about 10 weeks give you a strong toned body?

i wanted to know because i do pushs up only once a week and run the next 6 days of that week and i don't know if

i'm getting any stronger.

doing push ups only work out some parts of your upper body and arms. You need to do other exercises that work out other muscles as well. Do everything, sit-ups, weights etc.

My PE teacher told me that if you do weights that are heavy, you get large muscles, but if you do weights that arelight but for a long time, you get strong. Doing push-ups once a week wont really be enough to see any real improvement. You should do them everyday, because it only takes a couple of minutes right? An easy thing to do is, each night before you goto bed and after you wake up, do as many press-ups as you can. Then you should see an improvement. I dont know about a toned body though. Equipment would probably be best for that, but most people dont have it. There are things around the house you can use though. For example, if you want abs, you can do sit-ups, and to make them harder you can put your feet up on a stall or your bed or something, and you can get a good work out like that.

My PE teacher told me that if you do weights that are heavy, you get large muscles, but if you do weights that arelight but for a long time, you get strong.

Doing push-ups once a week wont really be enough to see any real improvement. You should do them everyday, because it only takes a couple of minutes right? An easy thing to do is, each night before you goto bed and after you wake up, do as many press-ups as you can. Then you should see an improvement.

I dont know about a toned body though. Equipment would probably be best for that, but most people dont have it. There are things around the house you can use though. For example, if you want abs, you can do sit-ups, and to make them harder you can put your feet up on a stall or your bed or something, and you can get a good work out like that.

your right. i will start increasing the times i do push-ups and start going to the gym thanks.

if you are just looking to tone your body, running and pushups and sit ups are the way to go. but if you want to build a lot of muscle mass, you will either need to do a lot of pushups and sit ups, or use weights. running should always be included as it helps tone your body. if you were just doing pushups and sit ups, you would gain muscle mass, but it wouldnt show as well becuase running burns off the fat above it. which reminds me that i should probably get back into running with my work out.

if you do enough push-ups to wear yourself out, or make your muscles feeltired, then that's goodi've been doing that for about 3 days and can tellthat my muscles are getting biggertry pumping iron brah

hello

i wanted to know will doing push ups for about 10 weeks give you a strong toned body?

i wanted to know because i do pushs up only once a week and run the next 6 days of that week and i don't know if

i'm getting any stronger.

you need to go to the gym buddy! work on those musles.. and more than once a weekk.. jeez! do some weights.. run.. protein shakes..

Just take sterioids! Kidding, don't do that. Well a YMCA membership can help if your in the U.S. Or, if your still in high school than you might have a weight room there, that you could use. But, push-ups will get you stronger, you won't be ripped or anything by doing them for a couple of weeks, but you should begin to see a difference sooner than you think!

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

Haha, no they wont sorry buddy. It also depends on how old you are. If your going through your puberty stages, push-ups and situps will do WONDERS for your body. If your past puberty, you will need to do about 2x, if your younger then puberty, you basically can't gain much muscle. Situps will tone your abs, pushups will tone different parts of your arms depending how your doing. Also think about doing situps with weights in each hand, running will also help. Remember this one thing though:When your weight lifting...High level weights, less reps = More Muscle being createdLow Level weights, More reps = Muscle being more toned and definedBy low I do not mean like 20lbs, i mean low as in, you can do 20-40 reps fine. High level I mean as high as you can go, with 3-4 reps. MAKE SURE YOU ONLY BENCH ON THE MACHINE WHEN DOING HIGH LEVEL WEIGHTS, that way you can get out safe, if your using uneven weights or freeweights or freefall weights, on a bench press...you will probably hurt yourself, its heavier, and you can hurt yourself doing high level weights with it.

you need to go to the gym buddy! work on those musles.. and more than once a weekk.. jeez! do some weights.. run.. protein shakes..

yes it will make chasing the kids down the streets easy!and weights seems like to much work but he nothing in life is easy.

nol
''Haha, no they wont sorry buddy. It also depends on how old you are. If your going through your puberty stages, push-ups and situps will do WONDERS for your body. If your past puberty, you will need to do about 2x, if your younger then puberty, you basically can't gain much muscle. Situps will tone your abs, pushups will tone different parts of your arms depending how your doing. Also think about doing situps with weights in each hand, running will also help. Remember this one thing though:

When your weight lifting...

High level weights, less reps = More Muscle being created
Low Level weights, More reps = Muscle being more toned and defined

By low I do not mean like 20lbs, i mean low as in, you can do 20-40 reps fine. High level I mean as high as you can go, with 3-4 reps. MAKE SURE YOU ONLY BENCH ON THE MACHINE WHEN DOING HIGH LEVEL WEIGHTS, that way you can get out safe, if your using uneven weights or freeweights or freefall weights, on a bench press...you will probably hurt yourself, its heavier, and you can hurt yourself doing high level weights with it."

well i'm 13 so i think this could work.
until today i thought you just did was push-ups,run and play outside then go to bed.
seems like so much work at first but it will pay for it self right?
Edited by **Satan** (see edit history)

Steroids! what kind of advice is that! haha, well i still stick with my go to the gym theory... go to the gym! or play a sport, football, or swimming, something that will get you in great shape

yes doing push ups helps mut it stregthens only the upper body parts like arm ,shouldersto get a good body and also to have six pack abs which most guys including me want to havehave to do complete excercise.Side by side there is need to take care of diet as well while you are building a good body.