Sign in to follow this  
Csshih

Canon Eos Digital Rebel Xti 10.1 Megapixel DSLR 400D

The camera:

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi

10.1 Megapixel DSLR

CF Card Compatible

My review:

The Canon XTi is a great camera for its price (Around $600 - $800 USD). It is great for family photos, great for children with its sports mode :).

Its many modes make allot of the manual adjustment unneeded, but if you are an advanced user, I recommend manual mode. It is great if you just started using SLRs, but If you used the previous Rebel, Canon XT, then the controls take some time to get used to.

Advantages:

Easy to use full Auto mode

Fast 0.2 Second startup

Long battery life

Fast frame rate

Fast Shutter Speed (1/4000)

Compatible with many Lens

Self cleaning function

Lightweight

Great for larger prints

Large display screen

Disadvantages:

Small camera grip

No on-camera Raw editing like some newer cameras

No noise reduction at high ISOs

Lens included isn't very good - purchase a new one.

Comments Welcome.

Camera info from:

visit : https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controllp;modelid=14256

My review:The Canon XTi is a great camera for its price (Around $600 - $800 USD). It is great for family photos, great for children with its sports mode :).
Its many modes make allot of the manual adjustment unneeded, but if you are an advanced user, I recommend manual mode. It is great if you just started using SLRs, but If you used the previous Rebel, Canon XT, then the controls take some time to get used to.

i've used a couple of the rebel cameras and i thought they were GREAT. they take GREAT pictures at a very affordable cost. i will always recomend the rebel for the beginner and intermediate photographers out there. i was a little weary in how they were made though because compared to other cameras, they are as light as a feather and i was always afraid of breaking the camera if i set it down too hard or god forbid if i dropped it. but that was my own insecurity so switched to another stcuk with another cannon model....then later switched to nikon(which certain n series models are great and recomend highly)

but the rebel is unbeatable in price and takes quality pictures that can be compared to the pictures taken from cameras twice as expensive. great for the bigninner because the price can't get any better and you have all the features you will ever need as a beginner and even an intermediate picture taker :D

I have EOS 400D (Rebel)..I purchased it last year in bangkok. And its awesome. No complaints at all.Very Good performance.. and damn Sturdy. One of the best feature is the auto-censor cleaner (build in). 10.2 MP.And because its canon, you are open to wide range of accessories.And as Anwii said, its HIGHLY rich on features :-)

I agree with the sensor cleaner, but it get annoying if you set it to activate every time you shut off.

Yup, but you can have the setting to do it manually.

I do not shut my camera now and then so it goes fine with me :-)

I also proudly own a 400D. It's cheap and cheerful for an SLR. I personally am not a photographer much and only got one because... I don't know I needed something to ask for for passing my gcses.

Everyone always mention the small grip and size as a disadvantage but I've found it to my advantage considering I'm a 5ft tall girl with tiny hands anything bigger would be harder to hold.

I was just wondering how much exactly did you get your camera for and what did it come with?

I think mine was about ?360. And it came with an extra battery, massive re-adjusable camera stand, some UV lense protector add on thing, 1GB memory card and a black camera bag.

And yeah the lense it comes with doesnt produce as good as quality as the 18mm-55mm that the Nikons come with as my mate's picture quality are evidentally a bit better.. Although, it is most likely because I can't take good pictures.

I got the camera immediatley after it came out, its was 900$, I think, with lens,( I forgot which one), and It came with nothing, unless you count the Ritzcamera bonus package, which had a bit of photo paper.Oh wait, after purchase of camera, I got a decent photo printer.