xisto Community
rajpreet

About Seo Strategy - Does A Website Need To Be Seo Compliant?

hi to all here... does any one know about the SEO ( search engine optimization) methods, strategy ? Does our website really need to be polish by SEO optimization to Crawled, enhance and boost on top with our keywords in search engine ?can anyone tell me about this.....thanks

truthfully, i have never really cared much about search engine optimisation. i mean, as long as your website users know your url, why would you care whether your site appears in google?

anyway, i will still help you.

the best seo method is using meta tags. these are standard tags in html that help define what your website is about. it is a well kno0wn fact that it is virtually impossible to even be listed on google without meta tags.

there are two main meta tags (the two most relevant to seo): description and keywords. all you must do is add this code to your head:

<meta name="description" content="this is a description of what your website is about"><meta name="keywords" content="insert your keywords here, separated with commas e.g. keyword1, keyword2, keyword3">

another thing that helps with seo are links: link to other sites that are on google, and have them link to you. affiliates work well here.
Edited by bthaxor (see edit history)

the best seo method is using meta tags. these are standard tags in html that help define what your website is about. it is a well kno0wn fact that it is virtually impossible to even be listed on google without meta tags.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! everyone please ignore the post above. this person knows nothing about how search engines work. it is in fact a very well and known fact that sites get listed all the time without any metatags whatsoever! i've personally seen #1 placements in google for good competitive keywords that had no metatags!

you also stated you don't care to much for seo and the only important thing is to get your site known to visitors. what do you think SEO is? well i will tell you. it is to get your site and url known to others haha

now here is a fact about search engines. google ranks #1 among all searches. 50% of the world uses google to search so the best seo advice is to optimise your site with what google looks for to place your site as far to the top as possible.

now here is a fact about google and metatags. google has been the front runner in searches and continuosly changes their algorythms. it's a fact that google now places very LITTLE emphasis on metatags. in fact, there is a debate going right now if they take metatags in to account at all. i think they do, but it wont determine much in your seo efforts.

knowing this now, know THIS! google puts emphasis on CONTENT. content is the information you put on your web pages. it all has to be relevant and unique. this it what google likes. google also likes other web pages to link to yours. webpages that has similar content to yours(but not the same content)

granted, on other search engines, they take metatags very serious. heck, some look so closely at your tags that they will reject your website if you don't follow metatag rules......like no caps in the title. BUT! you can still be listed without metatags so that is very false information there.

now, unlike what you said, seo is VERY important. as important as any other technique you use to let people know your website exsits. unlike field of dreams, if you build it, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will come. the work in a website doesn't stop when you build it. it's work just to get your first 100 visitors.

to the original poster of this thread....this topic has been talked about alot on Xisto. do a search and you will find some answers. i have written pages about sea and the best techniques. go find the threads. they are out there. the answers can also be found by searching google for "seo techniques" etc... that's how i learned. i visited hundreds of sites to gather the best methods. i did my due diligence. you do it too and i wish you success with it. there is alot of good information out there

unfortunately the above poster doesn't feel seo is important and evidently has never searched google to visit the site that optimized for google just so he could find their site :)

hmm... sorry if you don't feel the same way i do about seo, anwii, however this is how all of those paid seo services optimise sites.yes, true, content is important is seo, however meta tags define what your webpage is about. and as i mentioned (i think you agreed), it is also important for you to link to respected sites and in turn for them to lnik to you.and yes, i do not believe that seo is important. maybe it is because i run a tight-knit community, where everyone knows the url and they couldn't care less whether it is on google... it depends. for online communities, i do not think seo is as important as advertising. for business, marketing and personal pages (where i find it highly unlikely that you will get into the first five pages of google anyway), well then maybe it is more relevant.please also remember that what i post is my opinion. i am not a prefessional seo serviceman, and most likely, neither are you.

hmm... sorry if you don't feel the same way i do about seo, anwii, however this is how all of those paid seo services optimise sites.
yes, true, content is important is seo, however meta tags define what your webpage is about. and as i mentioned (i think you agreed), it is also important for you to link to respected sites and in turn for them to lnik to you.

and yes, i do not believe that seo is important. maybe it is because i run a tight-knit community, where everyone knows the url and they couldn't care less whether it is on google... it depends. for online communities, i do not think seo is as important as advertising. for business, marketing and personal pages (where i find it highly unlikely that you will get into the first five pages of google anyway), well then maybe it is more relevant.

please also remember that what i post is my opinion. i am not a prefessional seo serviceman, and most likely, neither are you.

stop defending what you think you know about seo. it's obvious you know nothing about it. i do it as a hobby and i am very good at it. i have helped other people do it for free and have succeeded in EVERY case so i know exactly what i am talking about.

it's not about how i feel about it or the same way you do. it's about what i know in how you are 100% WRONG in what you posted

your advice might have worked 6 years ago, but times have changed and your information is 100% outdated

when someone wants people they don't know to find his site, seo is VERY important so you were wrong in saying it isn't. and don't be fooled. i didn't agree with any part of your post. NONE. i simply stated some search engines give a higher relevency to metatags than others but metatags don't dictate wether your site will be listed or not and meta tags FAR from define your site. THAT IS FALSE FALSE FALSE! i recently helped someone on Xisto with some seo. some of his keywords had nothing to do with his site or content and didn't define his site at ALL so you are WRONG again. what defines your site is your actual site content. google realized this and placed less emphasis on meta tags and more emphasis on site content and how other webmaster view your site in wether they like it enough to link to you.

as far as an "seo serviceman", i am an expert in this area. i can charge 100'S of dollars for my knowledge on this subject. i know it because i researched it extensively and i've done it and came up with my own system for seo....the advanced techniques i keep to myself so my competitors don't see it in any of my posts.
you on the other hand have NEVER done it. i can tell. i can also tell you have never researched it. you just heard rumors. that's it.

so you say it's just your opinion? well, i am telling you that you better know the FACTS before you ever state your opinion on seo or i will have a response to it
i follow the seo threads and the making money threads closely because flase information could lead to the demise of someone who puts a good effort in taking the advice from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. they will eventiually fail and i feel obligated to step in.

you call what i said an opinion.....no no no hahaha what i said is FACT and it's based on months and months of research and hands on experience my boy. i will only state facts here. if i doubt, i usually always remember to state that it's my opinion only

seo is an art and there are rules to this art. if you follow them, your chances of success is higher than if you don't. you don't know the rules so your opinion right now is irrelevant in leading someone with false information

my posts sometimes come off the wrong way. sometimes people feel i am downing them when actually i am just making a strong point because it's needed. i feel it's needed here because i don't people wasting their time taking your advice and opinions. i know better.

if you don't believe i am an expert in seo, why don't you ask me questions about it. i'll teach you things you never heard of before....EVER! try me :) maybe you'll learn something so the next time you give someone advice, it will be correct

I'm going to ignore the discussion above completely, as it's turning a little aggressive for my liking, and just answer the OP. :)

Have a look here first of all --> http://www.webconfs.com/15-minute-seo.php

This list isn't gospel (for example, there are some very interesting discussions going on about making Flash sites accessible and robot-friendlyat the moment), but it is fairly handy. Note how many of the items refer to things that, ideally, we want to be doing anyway for accessibility and usability purposes.

So, content is king (which it should be, since there's little point in getting someone to click your site, only to not find what they want!).

Bear in mind that metadata takes 5 minutes to set up, and so is worth doing, but most major search engines place a greater emphasis on content and longevity (as in the most amazingly SEOd site can often be ranked lower than one that is simply well-optimised, with good content, that has built up incoming and external links to reputable sites, and that has been around for a fair while).

Basically, the things that users use to determine whether they instinctively trust a site are now being taken into account, and previous techniques that are now considered black-hat (or naughty :D ) can kill a site's ranking quite quickly.

Unless you're a powerful multi-national company, in which case Google love you too much to punish you like they do small businesses...

Anwiii, Mind Your LANGUAGE!!!

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! everyone please ignore the post above. this person knows nothing about how search engines work.

Who are "YOU" to judge about a person's knowledge?

stop defending what you think you know about seo. it's obvious you know nothing about it. i do it as a hobby and i am very good at it. i have helped other people do it for free and have succeeded in EVERY case so i know exactly what i am talking about.

Agreed, Does this mean, you start PUSHING beginners down to get yourself UP?

-- Last Warning given -- Any such behavior again and I will not step back from banning even my STAFF or ADMIN.

(Anwii, If you are disappointed by this post of mine, then you will know that Forums are viewable by public. And everyone else loves their respect as you do.)

We are here to EXPRESS opinions. Not to remark other's mistakes. Let the viewing audience decide whose posts they have to Trust.

Anwiii, Mind Your LANGUAGE!!!
Who are "YOU" to judge about a person's knowledge?
Agreed, Does this mean, you start PUSHING beginners down to get yourself UP?

-- Last Warning given -- Any such behavior again and I will not step back from banning even my STAFF or ADMIN.

(Anwii, If you are disappointed by this post of mine, then you will know that Forums are viewable by public. And everyone else loves their respect as you do.)

We are here to EXPRESS opinions. Not to remark other's mistakes. Let the viewing audience decide whose posts they have to Trust.

i know. and again i am sorry. buffalo help was already been on top of this. i would have appreciated this in private chat, but i am requesting both my posts to be deleted. don't want any trouble over it

Can you guys list out some useful ebooks abou SEO ?

there's a really good one out there. lemme see if i can find it and post the link here. it's VERY informative with advanced techniques. most everything you need is in there as long as you can understand the terms. i'll edit this post and put the link at the bottom to update you all so stay tuned....

ok. before i post the link, inside the ebook it thanks you for your purchse, but please note that this ebook was not for sale. all you had to do was fill out a form with your name, email address etc. i personally don't ever fill out forms with my email address so i just put fake information in the form. but if you want to be on a mailing list that may benefit you in the future, i highly recomend to fill in the correct data. after you submit the form, you will be taken to a page with the downlod link on it. it's in pdf form and an EXCELLENT ebook on seo. probably my favorite resource when i needed even more knowledge on seo than i already had. some great stuff in this ebook is all i can say. anyway, here it is :D

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

enjoy.....post your review of the ebook here :P
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)