xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
smithy500

If I Get The Hosting Package For 30 Credits

If I use 30 credits to purchase the package 2 is that per annum/per month or forever how does it work?Also the site doesn't use ads but i am allowed to put my own ads on surely or not?

all you need is 30 credits to get the pack, after that you have to build your hosting credits through posting as 1 hosting credit equals one day, so the more you have the longer your hosting lasts. Once you you reach 0 credits your site will get suspend and then you have 30 days to reactivate your account before it get terminated. Yes you can have your own ads on your site.

30 credits is the requirement to request hosting. after you get hosted, you are then obliged to maintain your credits (via posting). 1 credit = 1 day of hosting. if your credits sink to ZERO, your hosting account gets suspended. after -30 credits (or after 30 days after suspension), your hosting account gets terminated and your site gets deleted and cannot be retrieved. if your hosting is suspended, you need to raise your credits to a minimum of 4 credits to be unsuspended. the server runs an hourly update to unsuspend suspended accounts, so wait at least an hour after reaching 4 credits.

you can add your own advertising on your pages.

for more info: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?actE=01&HID=18

To answer your other questions: Xisto doesn't advertise on your site, but you're free to post your own ads. We only place ads on Qupis, our free non-post-to-host host. :).

To answer your other questions: Xisto doesn't advertise on your site, but you're free to post your own ads. We only place ads on Qupis, our free non-post-to-host host. :).

and to add to what has already been posted, it is at LEAST 30 credits. it will cost you all your credits that you have accumulated(Even over 30) except for the 3-4 credits they leave for you. your credits will dop to 3-4 credits which equals 3-4 days of hosting. then, you will need to post to gain more hosting days. if you accumulate 365 credits, that is worth 1 year of hosting. so basicall, the 30+ credits is for your hosting account to be set up. after that, you pay for it by posting quality posts(not one liners as stated in the tos)

hope this helps you understand further. it's a great site for free hosting. you can always purchase credits or upgrade to paid hosting through Xisto - Web Hosting if posting isn't for you.

To be quite honest with you, I think the best way to go would be to save up a big bunch of credits and then apply for hosting.

That wouldn't work. After you activate hosting, no matter how many you had before, you get set to about 3-4 days of hosting. So saving them up would be a waste. :)

That wouldn't work. After you activate hosting, no matter how many you had before, you get set to about 3-4 days of hosting. So saving them up would be a waste. :D

yup! he should have read my original post right above his. i knew people get confused on that issue. why i posted it :)

Oh sorry, I must have missed that.
Why do people automatically assume everyone on the internet to be male? lol.

i don't know....isn't that strange garden? :D

anyway, haha i hate when i do that. it's just alot easier than saying "him or her". sometimes i will put that is, i just wasn't thinking. the name tells me your a girl and if you're a guy....dang...shoot me haha i don't think a guy would choose garden in their name. but anyway. good question. why do we refer to god as HE? forget it....i'm off topic now.

anyway, sorry 'bout that. please accept my appologies :)

Are you getting...flustered?

LOL

Ok, sorry to post two times in a row, but if you got the hosting, and then saved up say...100 credits, that would last you 100 days, right? So you don't have to continually posting one time everyday?

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged Posts.
Board Rules
Please use the Edit feature to avoid double posting.

Ok, sorry to post two times in a row, but if you got the hosting, and then saved up say...100 credits, that would last you 100 days, right? So you don't have to continually posting one time everyday?

exactly. and that is the way i like to do it in case of an emergency arises and i can't log in or i forget to log in or i want to concentrate on something else without worrying about posting. i always leave myself a comfort zone.

also, it's harder to earn credits once your hosted and the more credits you have after hosting, it's harder to gain credits as well

for example, if you post a 20 line post when you have 10 credits already, you'll get more credits for that post than if you posted that same post with 100 credits. so people need to know this too to take that in to account. it's a give and take decision. saving up credits and not saving up credits have their advantages and disadvantages. i only know this because i've posted enough to recognize a little bit how it has affected my own credit account.

note: aside from free hosting with credits, you can also get a free .com domain for a year with credits.

After you activate hosting, no matter how many you had before, you get set to about 3-4 days of hosting.

That explains why me credits went from 39 to 1.45 after I applied for hosting. Makes sense now.