xisto Community
magiccode9

Kde 4.0 To Be Released In January

I'am happy to said the new version of KDE will be released soon.
Althrough I'am not a KDE user. But wish to see this release made it run more faster. ( Actually, it slow enough )

The KDE Release Team has decided to release KDE 4.0 this coming January. The release was originally planned for mid-December. The KDE developers want to solve a couple of essential issues before releasing. Having solved some of those issues, among which were glitches in the visual appearance, and in Konqueror, the KDE community hopes to have a KDE 4.0 that will live up to the high expectations for it. Read on for more details.
Meanwhile, the progress towards KDE 4.0 is astonishing. Most parts, such as the KDE Development Platform and a lot of applications are considered stable and well-usable.

Some parts of the desktop experience do not yet meet the KDE community's quality standards and expectations for a stable release. There are also some issues which need to be addressed upstream, for example a bug in certain codecs of xine that cut off audio fragments prematurely. The developers are confident to be able to release a more polished and better working KDE 4.0 desktop in January. The changed plans involve releasing on January 11th, 2008.

At the same time, the release team's call for participation is repeated. To make KDE 4.0 a success, your effort is needed. An overview of current showstoppers can be found on Techbase, KDE's knowledge platform.

This is also a call to the wider Free Software community, and also to companies working with KDE. If you have the resources to contribute, assistance in fixing the remaining bugs is most welcome.

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

Although i do like the fact that this version of KDE has increased performance, i'm not so sure i can trust the release date for this version. I'm a KDE user and was a bit disapointed with the other annouced release dates. Although i can understand that these things take time to develop, giving a release date but not meeting it is a bit disapointing to those who are addicted to KDE, like myself :). I can understand simply saying, "It'll be out soon," and giving out some announcements on its current production, without a release date.In the mean time, however, i'll be waiting for a Kubuntu release that has KDE 4 as its default desktop environment, which will probably be the next LTS—that'd be really nice if it is.

It's official! KDE 4.0 will be released on next January 11th. The release itself doesn't sound very firm, as

the developers are confident to be able to release a more polished and better working KDE

and not the long awaited prime time release.
At the very first Alpha release on march 11th, the release date had been forecasted to October 2007, and then shifted to the end of the year with the second Beta.
Despite this, the promises for the fourth version are quite interesting and maybe deserve a "stay tuned".

so, what do you think? are you excited about this release?

Notice from truefusion:
Topic merge. Search the forum next time, please.