xisto Community
Damen

A Short Film In Flash. Made for a friend.

Well I made this little flash movie for a great friend of mine just because I knew she would like it. You won't get a lot of the inside jokes scattered around but I thought I would still share it with my mates over here. The reason I made it for her is because she broke her foot and was in the hospital for a bit. I choose the characters because for one her name is CancerPony, I call her Pony; and two one of her favorite foods it Vegemite when she lived back in New Zealand. So I hope you enjoy it!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I love me some vegemite. I am not really looking for CC on it because it was made very poorly and only took an hour or so to put together.

I also made this for her, I would call it a sort of gallery of a couple of her photos. I photoshopped the images then did the rollovers and fades in flash. I will take CC on this if anyone finds anything the really like or don't like please let me know.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I wouldn't consider myself the best person in flash but I do know quite a bit and have made full websites in flash, one of them being.

http://www.binafan.co.nr/

It is a whole site made in flash the only thing I did not complete on it was the gallery because I never got the pictures to upload from her but other than that I made it all.

Everything I know in flash was self thought through tinkering or tutorials.

Please let me know what you think of them.

Edited by Damen (see edit history)

They look classy and professional - some real attention to detail there, even though there's not much content. The Flash site is swish, though the loader would drive people away (no-one likes to be told something is done, only that you have to wait a bit longer!).Nice photo loader, though couldn't see any photos. Also, I like Vegemite, though less a fan of the pony :)

Love the site, love the loader, any chance of you making a tutorial on how to do one?I have no flash experience whatsoever.

Thanks to both of you.I could do a tutorial but it would take a long time to make, plus I would not be able to make a tutorial for someone with "no" experience in flash, would have to go over too many basic things it would make me go crazy.But maybe one day I will.Thanks again.