xisto Community
Mermaid711

I Have Amber/orange Eyes So. . .

Hello there. . .I have orange/amber eyes. Since this eye color in humans is extremely rare, I need some advice on how to make them REALLY stand out and pop.I heard that using dark blue eyeliner works sometimes, but I am not quite sure. . .Suggestions please :)

Well I guess that the theory is your eyes will stand out more if you use the opposite color eyeliner, which would be blue or purple in your case... but, haha... wow, that's just cool to have amber eyes... Since that's such a rare color though, I guess they'd stand out anyway. :)

Well I guess that the theory is your eyes will stand out more if you use the opposite color eyeliner, which would be blue or purple in your case... but, haha... wow, that's just cool to have amber eyes... Since that's such a rare color though, I guess they'd stand out anyway. :D

Yeah they stand out. . . depending on what i have on and the light and colour of the room. . . anywho. . .

Yeah I tried the oppisite color thing. It does work. But the problem is I don't know what makeup is best for me, and I can't seem to find makeup tips for my eye color anywhere on the internet because of the rarity of my eye color.

So my orange/amber eyed peeps speek up :)

Ack :) so I am now entering some beauty tip discussion, which I know nothing about. The best dressing day for me is grabbing khaki out of the dryer and just bought-dress shirt from yesterday's AX store bag ha ha ha... my girlfriend tells me I'm destined to have a secretary.Anyway, she advises me to match my shirt with my eye-color. She is a fashion consultant and does private shopping for few high-rollers. Her tip is to use your eye color as an accent rather than accessory. She's now telling me there is a difference between accent and accessory. If you ask me, it's way above my league ha ha ha.So she got me wearing all these light brown shirts and sweaters...and honestly I never liked these colors or the shirts/sweaters. But I have to admit I look pretty good compare to typical blue or white.Her last tip is to wear colors that closely match your eyes closer to your eyes. HUH? So basically do not wear orange or amber pants but amber shirts or jewelries. Sometimes matching hair colors to your eyes would be a good thing. Oh boy, does that mean I have to dye my hair to light brown?? I don't have much left...Okay, I can't do fashion tips anymore. It's like driving on the left hand side--it's weird!

growing up, the one part of my body i would get compliments on were my eyes for some reason. they are blue. i remember on time trying to trace back and think of why i was geting comliments sometimes. i remember that when i was swimming, i would always get comliments and when i was wearing a blue shirt. so i think buff is on to something here....or his g/f. i found it interesting that he posted something like that which just verified what i had always thoughtwatch out. people may think you're wearing contact.... :)

i have amber eyes as well. and depending on what i wear they can either turn more orange or more yellowish green. i dont know what color hair or skin you have but if you have black hair and pale skin like me you could do what i do,distinct black eyeliner and golds / coppars for eyeshadow.you could even use a plum or deep blue color. it really makes your eyes pop, just stay away from brown tones around your eyes.if you have a tan you should use plum colors or even an olive green gold. i usually accesorize with an amber piece of jewelery. doesnt have to be much, im not a jewelery person myself. some earrings or a bracelet usually does the trick. oh, and red lipstick is really the icing in the cake when you're working with gold and coppar eyeshadows. looks really good with amber eyes no matter what your skintone is. just stay away from browns on your face, they will make your eyes look darker and more brown.cheers from sweden :)

hair and make up!I Have Amber/orange Eyes So. . .

hey I also have amber eyes and pale skin .. I think the main problem with hair is how its styled.. I have blond hair and all my friends say it looks great .. I've had my hair black but all it did was make me look way older.. It did however make my eyes turn green :) I've also had pink hair and baby blue which was awesome.. The only problem now is I'm studying beauty therapy so I have to have it a natural professional color... But as far as me goes.. I look good with Blondie hair (y) red doesn't suit me much... But I'm sure you can rock any look *yey for amber eyes!!* yeah.. My name is amber and I have amber eyes :S my natural color hair was golden blond before I dyed it lots and now is a Brown blond color to be honest.. I'm still experimenting with the shades =D

As for makeup.. I use loadsa colours 0-o just express yourself .. A color that doesnt go well with me is probably...Brown actually.. But I mix it with other colors and it turns out pretty like the autumn look - brown orange and yellow looks good :3 or I use blues.. They look good too.. I like pink..Yellow.. Purple.. Grey .. But mixing the colors are more of a stunning, cool, creative and unique sorta look.. Not really natural... If I was to go natural.. I'd use white as a base and biege over it.. White is a good look.. Makes your eyes look bigger and more awake.. Green is also goodI use blusher if it is nessasary .. But I like looking classy with my makeup.. Even though its extreme it has to be professional at the same time.

xxx

-reply by Amber

Re: I Have Amber/ Orange Eyes So...I Have Amber/orange Eyes So. . .

I have Amber eyes as well. It's funny because my family on my mother's side has blue eyes as the dominate color, whereas my father's side has dark brown eyes as the dominate. We don't know why how I managed to get Amber eyes. However depending on the light and what I wear, they can become range from an orangish color to medium brown.

My biggest problem is finding a hair color to go with my eyes and slightly tanned skin. For make-up I wear bright greens, blues, and gold to bring out my eyes. I also curl my eyelashes (and use black mascara) and wear black eyeliner. I haven't tried the opposite color thing, though I plan to now.

I've learned with my eyecolor to not limit myself to drab colors. Sure a plum and dark blue will look nice with my eye color, but when I want to have guys eyes on me, I wear brighter shades (Especially one's that have a glittery undertone/base).

-reply by Brey

Hello there. . .
I have orange/amber eyes. Since this eye color in humans is extremely rare, I need some advice on how to make them REALLY stand out and pop.

I heard that using dark blue eyeliner works sometimes, but I am not quite sure. . .

Suggestions please :)

Hi! I actually have the same eye color lol!!! I find that dark eye shadow REALLY helps thick and heavy. Blue would highly compliment due to contrast but a mix of blue eyeliner and black shadow would be ultimate. Also red or pink lips draw out the reds in the orange. Lighter hair tones such as high lights can also bring them out by complimenting the yellow and gold. best of luck!

Hello there. . .
I have orange/amber eyes. Since this eye color in humans is extremely rare, I need some advice on how to make them REALLY stand out and pop.

I heard that using dark blue eyeliner works sometimes, but I am not quite sure. . .

Suggestions please :)

Hey. I also have orangey eyes. Mine are a darker shade of orange however (not so bright gold lime other pics) but i like more natural makeup. I have red hair and freckles so i cant really pull off bright blue and purples. I use dark greens and it looks really pretty with the gold and orange tones. Red and green are opposite colors so if your eyes are more orange like mine this might work for you. For mine the greens works better than blues and purples anyways and i like they more natural l

I have Amber eyes. Their colour turns darker if the colour of my hair is darker around my face. The lighter the highlights around my face, the lighter my eyes and people notice, almost to a start! They comment, OMG, your eyes! Usually when I transition from winter to summer. As far as make-up. I use light shades of brown and pale purple.

Lol I'm pretty sure I have amber eyes as well. I'm not really sure though so I usually just declare them as brown, although I do believe they're more special than just brown. They are more of a medium golden brown, but in the light, they are a light golden brown with a distinct orange hue. In the sunlight, they are much lighter and golden and really glow. They also have a dark ring around the iris. I have very fair skin and dark brown hair with some red tones, especially in sunlight. My yes are also big and almond shaped, and they are really my only feature that I am never uncomfortable with. Do they sound amber? I'd love my eyes so much more if I knew there was some rarity within them.But in terms of make up, I wear a smoky Maybelline eyeshadow palette. Silvery and gray, with some black to line my lashes. Black eyeliner and black mascara. This always seems to make my eyes look really nice.But you should also give more description about your eyes! The size, shape, and length of your eyelashes has a huge impact on what make up will make your eyes pop. I've trained myself to keep my hair out of my face and to always look towards the light. This always gets my eyes attention!! :)

i have amber eyes too. luvin this thread.

1) I find teal/ turquoise/ aqua anything in that pallet actually looks amazing (offset/ contrasted with copper or bronze if you're daring- if not just try teal alone trust me!)

2) Lining with shimmery reddish plum/ maroon/ burgundy/ smoky purple-y reds those colors look insanely nice too.

3) If you feel like just a lil touch of makeup for daytime put some lightly applied n blended peach/ coral in the crease and a lil light beige shimmer in the inside corner of your eyes= so classy

*A touch of blue or plum mascara always works too for the daring ;)

I have amber eyes too! It is so hard to find a good eyeshadow or liner that works for them. Trust me I know. People are always commenting on my eyes. They say it can't be normal for a pale skinned blonde to have amber eyes. And mine are pretty big too. After searching for a while I found that a dusky gold-bronze with a navy liner make my eyes pop. Maybe it will work for you too! Good luck!