xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
veightar

Basic Programing Language

I tried to find out about this programing language in this forum but it seems there is none. I am really confused about this language and visual basic. Can anyone help me figure out the real difference between BASIC programing language and visual basic. and moreover I need some help on this to complete my semesters project work.I will be much appreciative if you could help me

Well, BASIC was born in 1963., and belongs to a group of high-level programming languages (whereas assembler would be low-level)... BASIC stands for Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code...There are 3 generations of BASIC languages:1st Generation: Mainly used by mathematicians and scientists, since home comuters weren't that wide spread... For example, Commodore computers used BASIC V2 as it's operating system, or something similar to OS... You could enter program directly, without an editing program, directly into RAM... Every line of code, had to be preceded by a line number2nd Generation: QuickBASIC (QB, or QBasic) or PowerBASIC... This new generation offered improvements of the language, mostly in the areas of structured and procedural programming... Line numbers were optional in this generation, and literal labels introduced, to achieve program branching...3rd Generation: This is where Visual Basic and Visual Basic.NET show up... This generations main improvement is object-oriented (OO) programmin, and event driven programming... There was one version ov Visual Basci for Dos, and all later versions were made for Windows... Visual Basic.NET is the last version of BASIC, in Micro$oft's production...You can look-up much more info about BASIC languages on Wikipedia...What kind of help do you need?

My dear friend the basic difference between the two is about the interface. Basic runs on CUI that is Command user interface. You have to provide commands for every action you want and every thing as a change in the look as such. But in case of Visual basic it is having GUI Graphical User Interface and that’s the best part of it. Just with the basic designing qualities of yours you can Design a good interface for your program using inbuilt controls already installed with Visual Basic. So you just have to program the action part of it. That only the part where you have to convey the actions done for the activities done with the controls like clicking on a control, double clicking etc. Best of Luck dear friend.??

BASIC stands for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. It is high-level programming languages.This language is born in 1963. The main aim behind this language was to give access to computers for non-science students, whereas VB (stands for Visual Basic) is an event driven programming language and associated development environment from Microsoft for its COM programming model. Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access to databases using ADO, and creation of ActiveX controls and objects.

@ramankumarC is not a BASIC programming language. It uses an entirely different syntax and is at a 'lower' level than BASIC. GW-BASIC, QuickBASIC, Q-BASIC, PowerBASIC, VisualBasic, and Turbo BASIC are examples of BASIC programming languages.@NikBASIC can be used for various purposes. If you are a mathematician, you can use BASIC for graphing, although there are other software tools that can meet your need better. For business users, BASIC can provide a means of writing a custom application for storing and retrieving data. Academic users can use BASIC's capabilities for calculations or for quiz engines. BASIC can also be used to write computer games and you can also find a BASIC implementation of Doom. There's a lot that the programming language can do and it can be extended by libraries written in C or assembly language, depending on the type of BASIC you are using.