xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

How Do I Add A Paypal Link On My Page?

When you visit PayPal's site you can read more on webmaster's tools. PayPal has made it very easy to integrate payment gateway using PayPal. You can search for additional free PayPal payment scripts or shopping carts but going directly to PayPal would be the best.

For people to join my website (just friends at the mo) it is $10. I'd like to be able to create a paypal link on my page so that they have the option to pay via that?
Thanks,
std

yea, paypal makes it easy. with their webmaster tools. you just inter the figures and it will generate the code for you to past in to your web page. since you are asking for only 1 payment and is the only product or service on your site, it will be very easy to generate the code. best way though depends on how you have your site set up. is there a members area that requires a password or does anyone have access to the whole site and the $10 is for a donation or maybe you have it set up where there is no password but they will have access to a hidden directory to your main site? so my point is depending on how you have the site set up depends on where you put the code that paypal will generate for you

instead of charging $10 though, why don't you charge $1 a month. you wont make alot in the short run, but in the long run, those who like your site will continue to pay the dollar and i believe paypal offers recurring payments which means they will automatically charge them every month until they cancel. you will make more spending money in the long run

aside from the advice i just gave, i don't recomend paypal at all. they've come a long way in the ecurrency marketplace to make it easy to do transactions online, but they are VERY unprofessional and i would NEVER trust my money or business with them. i would look for another company than paypal. paypal makes it easy to start an account which was good 10 years ago, but there are better companies bud and this is starting to get off topic but i wanted to forewarn you. but paypal has very excellent email support. they answer all your questions pretty quickly(i can't believe i am comlimenting them right now) so your best bet is to email them after you have your account set up with them if you are running in to any problems.