xisto Community
AlphaOfDoom

Installing Theme On Smf Forum Need help doing it

I was wondering, and I am horrible with Cpanels mind you, how to install a new theme.I have an smf discussion board and I decided to download a theme from the theme place for smf. So it downloads, and appears in winrar. When I extract it, it comes with a big pile of files, with 2 folders: Language, and Images.First question is: Do I install these somewhere in the 'File manager' in cpanel?Ok if yes: Where? Third: Do the main files, language , and image go in different places?Fourth: There is about 4584305834098 image files, is there a quicker way to get them all in?I am sorry for bothering you with such a silly sounding topic, but yet I seem to fail whenever I try it......Please help!!!!-------Alpha

Not sure about the particular method to Theme SMF, but most Forum Softwares can be uploaded into the public_html Folder as a zip file and 'extracted'. This saves from having to upload the individual files.Another method to quickly add a whole bunch of files is by using Firefox and the FireFTP extension. It will send entire Folders to the Cpanel at once, too.

Here's how ta do it. :)

Go to your Admin panel, and under "Configuration", click "Themes and Layout".

At the bottom, it says "Install a New Theme". In the "From a file:" box, find the ZIP file, and press "Install". You should get a confirmation message, and then be taken back to the "Themes and Layout" page.

Now, in the "Themes and Layout Settings" section, set "Overall forum default:" to your new theme and "Reset everyone to:" Forum Default.

It should now be installed. I've installed PLENTY of themes on SMF. :D

Thank you, it works great :)A few more questions though, if I want a NEW theme, do I need to do something to uninstall it, or just install a new 1 like I did before without doing anything else.Also, to install mods that require manual installation for non default themes, do I do this in File Manager through the cPanel?I am only asking to make sure I don't screw my forum up........thanks your your help!

To install mods on smf go to admin panel (on smf) select 'packages' after select 'download packages' and upload the zip file just like you did on themes. When file uploaded press '[ Apply mod ]', if no error showed press install and enjoy the mod. To install new themes, you don't need to remove the none.Just follow the steps.1 more thing.You need to learn about ftp, the file manager on cpanel isn't a good choice. Search for Ws-Ftp or CuteFTP, or WiseFTP.Good luck~Jo?o Lopes

Hi..I dont have "Install a New Theme" option at all !!I know where it should be,and i have watched many tutorials about instaling a new theme but that option dont exist on my forum !Pls help ! :)

how long is it supposed to take for u aocnuct to be made b/c its be over 14 hrs for me and when i go to the aocnuct panel it just says Your hosting aocnuct is currently pending creation. The current status of your request is shown below.what is occurring status time submitted last updatedhosting aocnuct creation unknown 3:03 am 4:49 pm