xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
micol

True Or False Mail From Computinghost ? [resolved] about billing system

Hello,I have just received a mail from Xisto - Web Hosting.This mail tells the billing system is changing and I have to click to approve.I know these kinds of mails are often used for phishing, but no code number is asked.Not the less explanation about the change nor why I had to approve the transfer.Have you received the same mail ? does it actually comes from Xisto - Web Hosting ?I hope you can understand my english, my latest lessons were on the sixties. :)

I would get a hold of xistsupport ASAP because I know they don't do that kind of request that I am aware of.

So don't click on anything or fill anything out until it confirmed.

If it came from Xisto - Web Hosting, then i too would have probably received the e-mail. However, did you check the sender's e-mail? If it doesn't lead to Xisto - Web Hosting.com or xisto.com, then report it in the support ticket that Saint_Michael provided a link to. If it is from the aforementioned sites, then, indeed, wait for Admin feedback.

Villeurbanne (France), Nov 29, 16:30

Thanks for your answers.

Of course, I did not clic. I shall wait for some hours : maybe somebody will have received the same mail.

If it came from Xisto - Web Hosting, then i too would have probably received the e-mail.

Except if you were from the begining with the new billing system

It has been a long time since we set up our new billing system and now we

have decided to transfer all of the clients to the new billing system.

However, did you check the sender's e-mail?

the "from" adress id "ComputinHost Sales" but I have been told that sometimes actual links are different from what they seem to be and that headers can easily be changed.

I received this email after checking this topic. I am on the old billing record.

Dear <<my name>>,
Thank you for your kind support and co operation towards
Xisto - Web Hosting.com . You have helped us grow with your continued support.
As you have been a regular and good member, we offer you a chance to shift
your account to a new billing system. We at Xisto - Web Hosting are constantly
making sure that you receive the service that you deserve :)

It has been a long time since we set up our new billing system and now we
have decided to transfer all of the clients to the new billing system.

Your Account Username : <<removed>>

The reason for this is :-

* The development of the old billing system software has stopped.
* There are still many unknown bugs in the system.
* Inability to choose payment gateways when making a payment.
* No proper system for easy upgrades.
* No detailed records of payments made.

Hence to prevent any more inconvenience to you, our customer
Xisto - Web Hosting has decided to move your accounts to the new billing system.

--- Reply to this email with domain name to approve transfer ---

Please reply to this email when you are ready for the shift and your account
will be shifted to the new billing system. If you have any doubts queries or
suggestions then you can mail us at sales {at} Xisto - Web Hosting [dot]com .

Also :-

* 1. None of your site's data will be harmed for this is only a shift of the billing
record and not your site.
* Your billing subscription will be canceled and a new one will be set up when
you pay your next invoice.
* If there is any pending amount.. the invoices will be adjusted so that you
are billed on the right date.
* It will be done only when you have sent us an email.

Regards,

Xisto - Web Hosting.com

It looks like an authentic email from Xisto - Web Hosting. Since the only thing is to reply to this email, go ahead when you are ready to do so. According to the email sent by the support team only your billing record(s) are to be moved and not your hosting account.

Hello micol,Yes the email is true, It has been sent by Xisto - Web Hosting to its customers. As mentioned in the email it was sent to transfer clients to a better system that is easier and has better features.All you need to do is reply to that email and please mention your domain name. Your billing and so forth will all be adjusted, your subscription will be canceled to prevent any further bills :)I thank you for opening a topic here regarding this issue, I hope your issue has been solved. If you have any doubts then you can always open a ticket at SALES AT Xisto - Web Hosting DOT COM.I am sorry about the confusion, I forgot to announce the news on Xisto.