xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
de4thpr00f

Where Do I Install Perl Scripts? Help, i need somebody help... :P

Where do i install perl scripts?I couldn't find the path (usr/bin/perl/) and i tried to put one script on /home/<my user>/public_html and execute it from a php script, but, nothing happened, the script was not working, and yes, the script works properly.The reason for not working is the wrong path i suppose.

I am not a master of perl, but have you tried executing it from the cgi-bin directory? If not this might be a bug with the server. Try contacting an admin for assistance on this. Cpanel says the path to perl is /usr/bin/perl, and cPanel uses perl if I can remember right, so it must exist.

Edited by GodFather (see edit history)

I couldn't find the path (usr/bin/perl/)

Did you compile Apache or whatever server program you're using with Perl support? The location you provided doesn't necessarily mean that's where the libraries and whatnot are installed in.

and i tried to put one script on /home/<my user>/public_html and execute it from a php script

I think in order to use Perl in a PHP script, you need to first create an instance of the Perl class. Did you do this? Do you know how to do this?

I think in order to use Perl in a PHP script, you need to first create an instance of the Perl class. Did you do this? Do you know how to do this?

No true fusion, i don't know how to do it, can i ask for help please?Thank you in advance.

Did you provide the special UNIX comment needed for Perl scripts? Also, you should put the script in cgi-bin and do what Truefusion said probably. I am just getting started on learning Perl as a CGI resource, but I am fairly proficient in desktop applications of Perl.

Where do i install perl scripts?I couldn't find the path (usr/bin/perl/) and i tried to put one script on /home/<my user>/public_html and execute it from a php script, but, nothing happened, the script was not working, and yes, the script works properly.
The reason for not working is the wrong path i suppose.

Not sure what you're trying but something you could do to understand how it works is getting the apache distribution for Linux or Windows (depending on which OS you're running) installed on your home PC. I've got it installed on a windows xp machine and also installed perl.

Assuming you're running on an Apache server, the scripts go on the cgi-bin directory. If you have apache installed there should be a ScriptAlias entry like so on the Apache\conf\httpd.conf file:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

Of course perl should already be installed on the server. On the same file httpd.conf there should be an entry like so at the end:

PHPIniDir "C:/Program Files/PHP/"
LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Not sure if this helps. E-mail me or reply to my post with more details on what you're trying to acomplish and some other members might be able to help.