xisto Community
Carson

Make Your Ipb Faster

Here's something I found on another forum, and thought I would post it here. This apparently makes your Invision Power Board a lot quicker using eAccelerator.

First, check if your host has eAccelerator(Im pretty sure Xisto does)

Second, Add the followinf code before the closing php tag in conf_global.php(Found in your root directory):

$INFO['use_eaccelerator'] = '1';

Thats it. I tested this out myself, and the forums do load really quick, but I'm not sure if the speed has increased. Could be my imagination because I expect it to increase.

Try it out for yourselves.

Thanks for you great tip !!And also the IPB does support other cache modes.It is documented in it's documentation.It is xcache, xcache, MemCache, APC Cache and custom cache engine.It could be downloadable from IPB website and the document is called the IPB developer documentation.

Can you guys tell me what exactly IPB support? I mean, what it has without mods.The poor features i found was for PHPBB, they have a lot of mods, but they are too incompatible with others, and the installation of mods, it's not the best.Sometimes in php you really need to change the source, but there are lot's of ways to do it, including write a script that allows changing in source.That's a great feature i found at SMF, and it also has almost everything without mods.I didn't feel like a new topic to this matter should be created, so if you want to reply i'll thank you, otherwise let him go...Thanks in advanceGreetz~Jo?o Lopes

Recently I have got a coopy of myBB to see if it is more suit my forum.As it plug-in structure seems do not a lot of manually modification to the source code.Such as it's MYPS plug-in. It is a cahe module that provide some dollar functionality support onmyBB forum. If I have go with phpBB. My options should only be the v2 one. Althrough phpBB3go with a cash mod now. But it does in beta stage.Besides that, I also need a store mod that help me building a virtual shop that sales and exchange items with the member.What do you means the `Can you guys tell me what exactly IPB support? I mean, what it has without mods.`I'am not understanding this a bit.Could you explain it a bit ?FYI :URL : https://mybb.com/
URL : https://www.phpbb.com/
ThankBlueray

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

ipb = Invision Power Boardipb9 = program that do search engine submit and Kay word generator and after moor I'm gone post about any way i thought you was talking about the programsbut you was taking about the formi don't have form now but I'm looking to have one soon so do you thing ipb is what i need