xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Xbox Live Problem

Well i have a linksys router (WRT54GS) it is wireless, but we are using a wired connection for our... xbox..ive changed the MTU ( watever its called ) to the number i found.. i did all the portfowarding.. to my router (192.168.1.1) and my xbox (192.168.1.100)still i cant figure it out... can anybody tell me how to fix.

You need to fork up 100 bucks for a wireless adapter....You can't just decide you wanna do wireless and poof. You need the appropriate hardware.

i do wired.. i can connect to live fine, its just hard to connect to other players.. It just recently got stricter then it was before, it is frustrating.

Well i have a linksys router (WRT54GS) it is wireless, but we are using a wired connection for our... xbox..ive changed the MTU ( watever its called ) to the number i found..

i did all the portfowarding.. to my router (192.168.1.1) and my xbox (192.168.1.100)

still i cant figure it out... can anybody tell me how to fix.

Linksys, is one of the best routers out there. I got one D-link gaming, which have giving me some hard times, but I've also successfully configured programs and games running smoothly by using portforward.com's guides. I've found a guide how to config your WRT54GS to work with xbox360 live: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope this would solve your problems!
Edited by Hagebyhemdata (see edit history)

When it has192.168.1.[] (thats a lil box for me to put last number)what do i put? the router.. number 1... or the xbox.. 100 :)and also.. if im portfowarding for a game... on my computer.. do i put.. 20 in the little box? because thats my computers ip

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

When it has
192.168.1.[] (thats a lil box for me to put last number)

what do i put? the router.. number 1... or the xbox.. 100 :)

and also.. if im portfowarding for a game... on my computer.. do i put.. 20 in the little box? because thats my computers ip

Yes, thats right. That little box is set by your xbox360 static IP (192.168.1.100), as well as if you portforward a game on your computer it will be (192.168.1.20). Follow the guide by adding the port range Xbox Live 360 requires (port 88 and 3074) to be forwarded in your linksys router (WRT54GS) and your xbox static ip (192.168.1.100).

Good luck!

Thanks for the help, but it didnt work :) lol

How old is your router? Have you updated your WRT54GS Routers firmware?
I 've been looking for information about your router at Xbox.com, and found
out that you need firmware Version 2.02.7 in order to make Xbox Live to work
properly with your router.

Version 2.02.7This firmware version is Xbox Live Compatible.

Note The UPnP implementation on the Linksys WRT54g with firmware 2.02.7 has been discovered to prevent users from being able to connect to Xbox Live. If a user is unable to connect to Xbox Live with this specific router model/firmware, they may get connected by turning off UPnP in the router's settings. Microsoft is working hard with Linksys to repair this issue as soon as possible.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In order to download and update your firmware you have to check the version number of your WRT54GS router - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

By the way, ensure you have a wired connection when updating your routers firmware, if you are connected wirelessly or the PC you are performing the firmware upgrade from is connected wirelessly you are also running a risk. Any drop in the wireless signal during the firmware upgrade could corrupt the process.

Hope this could solve your Xbox Live connection problem.
Edited by Hagebyhemdata (see edit history)

Ah, that is the WRT54G ours is the WRT54GS (S stands for speed booster). We are firmware version 4.71.1 which is the most recent one released. My dad thinks its because its a long cable? could that just be a joke or can that be possible.. because this is literally the abselute farthest away from the xbox it can be lol but not on purpose.. This is on floor one.. and xbox is on floor 3

i do wired.. i can connect to live fine, its just hard to connect to other players..
It just recently got stricter then it was before, it is frustrating.

If you can connect to live, then it is possible that your friends who have problem in their connection.
May be they forget to open port and do the portforwarding

signal strengthXbox Live Problem

I'm having a issue with strength of my ping. I'm always a red dot and I'd like to a green dot. My dsl is 1.5 and I'm hardware to my modem. Does anybody have suggestions?

-question by Lance Smith

problem with xbox wireless routerXbox Live Problem

I have a Linksys WRT54G2 that I have hooked up to my mac, cable modem and xbo (that has a wireless adapter hooked up) Xbox live works with the ethernet cable to the router but not wirelessly. I get a message from xbox saying my MTU is too low, how can it be too low only wirelessly? I'm not good with computers so speak slowly.  :)

Xbox hardwired through laptop...Nat IssuesXbox Live Problem

aright, here's the deal. I can't afford the wireless adapter for the xbox, so I have hardwired it through my laptop using the ICS feature to connect. It worked fine for me for some time. Albeit I had a moderate nat type. It didn't get in my way to often. But recently we have received an upgraded modem from our ISP. And since the installation of this modem my nat type as gone back down to strict. I've tried manual port numbers and automatic ones. I found that to connect at all I had to use a manual DNS number ( I run a linksys router, not sure of the model no.) I'm just wondering if anyone can help why that now that I have a new modem my NAT type is strict rather than moderate like it was?

I have open all the necessary ports, firewalls are off where needed. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference but my brother in law is connecting to our router wirelessly also, his NAT type is open though, I figured that one out for him. But I just can't seem to get mine atleast back to moderate. I apologize if my description of the problem is vauge.

-question by matt