xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
camarorz28

Muscle Cars! Camaro Vs. Mustang

what do ya think over the years since the muscle cars started how much of their muscle have they lost and who still keeps the most power and also the most value. I would Say that the camaro has keeped more of its power rather than the mustang, i would say the mustang has gone more towards the lucks and forgot about what the competition was about muscle "power" what ya think? :)

If you mean that the Mustang has gone more towards looks, then I would have to agree. Personally, I prefer the Camaro, but much of the choice is personal opinion. It's really a Chevrolet vs. Ford thing in many people's minds.

honestly, they are both great to me. the both went through periods of ugliness. however, the camaro i think is better overall. its way more powerful and look insanely good. but since the camaro line was discontinued for a while, and still is until the 2009 line comes out, i would have to say the mustang triumphs there. they are both long surving muscle cars; longer than any other. but it all comes down to the brand, and im going to have to say the camaro because i like chevy better. and the mustang is insanely bulky. but i can wait to see if the dodge charger concept is put into prodcution, it looks amazing.

The Mustang has been my favorite since I was a little kiddie. I don't really care about who's better than who. I just like the mustang better, and you can bet it's because of how it looks.... I don't really need much speed or all that things that this kind of cars have.

i like the mustang but im not really a big fan of either but i just love the look of the old camaro so much so id go with the camaro even though i dont like chevy but its such a nice car and id love to have me one lol or how about have one of both o.o idk its just too hard to choose from make more selection lawl D: please its so hard to choose but i really like them both cause well muscle cars are awesome and they show the real work of real american muscle so yea both amazing cars, would want both, but would rather have a camaro if i were on a lot and these 2 cars were in front of me with both the same stuff.

in this discussion it all depends on what.for example looks i'd go with the mustang the camero has this look which i just don't like.for power i'd deffinatley go with the camero over the years this car has definitely out staged the mustang in performance. but in overall performance the would both be great in there i really cant decide the cam. might hav more accel. but we all hav 2 face the cold truth that muscles are not 2 shabby with the handling. i takes raw skill to control those road monsters. basically all those supper charged cars are monsters. but the real threat are turbo charged vehicles these i call demons. except for a certain few like da civic sentra and lancer glx. oooh these cars are like crap theres more but thats all ican say hehehe... :)

That is a tough one. I like the 60s models of the Camaros better...but in the 70s, the Mustang pwned.. 80s-90s the Camaro has my vote. Today, I prefer a V-8 Pony, I love Mustangs.

I am a long time camaro fan, and I think that the camaro has consistently looked better than the mustang. Generally, the camaro has had more power as wellif I am not mistaken. One thing I can say about the mustang is that it has never been stopped in production. That is pretty cool and it shows Ford's honor and dedication for the pony. The camaro on the other hand has not been manufactured for about 8 years now I believe. Fortunately, the camaro is being reborn inmarch of 2009. I can hardly wait. Also, the last generation of the camaro did not look muscular whatsoever. It was still a cool car, but it was not all muscle.Overall, camaros are better than Mustangs and I can barely wait for the all new camaro to come out!

i personally prefere mustangs. camaros are also cool but the mustang style is unbeatable. i agree that mustange should start focusing more on power now that theyve got the styling right. the camaros styling is nice but theres still something that makes the mustang the better car.

I think that the Ford Mustang is a luxury car, it's a gangster muscle car and has great looks. It looks a bit like the Ford Shelby aswell, except the front lights. I don't really like the looks on the Camaro, although it is another good muscle car aswell.

The Mustang is a respectable vehicle, but I think the Camaro wins because it has wonderful GM technology behind it. Starting with the 4th generation, the Camaro got the ls1 engine which is widely regarded to be one of the best small block v8s ever made -- in fact, it is considered to be one of the best engines in existence. It utilizes a pushrod design, but don't let that fool you; this engine is simply one of the best (if not the best) of its kind in that respect, and delivers more power and torque than most other v8s for the displacement.The Mustang, well... You're looking at a SOHC design unless you break into Cobra territory. Which in that case, you're paying extensively for something that is basically the equivalent of a much cheaper and stronger Camaro. I love the Camaro myself, and if I could fantasize, I'd really enjoy owning a 4th generation Trans Am -- a car fairly related to the Camaro.