xisto Community
magiccode9

Create A Google Seach Result Page Embed Within Your Site Page.

Create a google seach result page embed within your site page.

It is easier to create web page that embeded the google search result in it.

The first step is to go to google apply an account for the google ad-sense. After that login to you

account and choose the create ad-seach option.

Most of time the google search box give all we have the great and powerfull seach ability. But, have you think

every time users get seach with it. They do redirected to another page that is not within you site.

It is easier to create web page that embeded the google search result in it.

Steps

The first step is to go to google apply an account for the google ad-sense.

(more on that please take a look at my other post at here.)

1.) After that login to you accoun and choose the AdSense Setup tab.

2.) <- snipped -> for Search

3.) Within the Adsense for Search page -> Search Type. Please choose Google Search + SiteSearch

and type-in the site or url you wish google to build an index for you.

For instance, you have a site that is called gzone.serveblog.net and wish google work with it.

You can enter it into the box provided. Otherwise, leave it blank.

4.) On the lower-half of the page. It allow you configure the look and feel of your search box.

Such as whether included google logo, it position side-by-side with search box or top of it, Place it inside

within the search button, Search button placed below the box and the text and background of the whole box.

The more option let you specify what language and page encoding your site used.

If everything is fine. Click the Contine button.

OK, let's take a break and take a cup of coffee ( that's my farvarite ) ..... :)

5.) A page with preview box appear on the left-side.

The Country or territory for Google domain for you to config which version of google used for search.

Such as https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl ( EN ), https://www.google.com.hk/?gws_rd=ssl ( HK ) etc.

6.) With the preview box and the setting on right and bottom of it. You could now make the ajustment of

look and feel of search result page. Overall all these are easy to experienced with it. But please play

attention on two options : Logo image URL / Logo destination URL.

Please be sure that both these option must be filled-in, otherwise it won't work.

More options -> Opening of search results page: Please choose Open result within my owe site

and then specify a page on your selected site such as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it's width.

You may optionally add a new channel to monitor your search box for statistic information.

At this point, all required information have be entered. Click Continue to show the google ads codes.

7.) Please place the top-half code in your front page or any other pages that included a google search box.

Please place the lower-half code in your resutl page that you have specified previous step.

Let's say :

On a site that include a index.php and search.php

Please place part 1 code go into the index.php and the part 2 code go into the search.php

That' all !!

More Information

It not long ago I knew that google also created a beta services that allowed users to create

and manage their ads.

URL : https://www.google.com/cse/

Initial version 0.0.1

Comments are Welcome

Are you sure Google won't mind you fiddling with the code it gave and is it worth the risk?
Splitting the code into two and placing it on searate pages might not be a good idea.
Maybe I'm over-cautious but I probably won't risk my Adsense Account!

The first step is to go to google apply an account for the google ad-sense.

Not that simple dude. These days Google takes almost 3 weeks to accept it's applications!!

thanks for the tutorial magiccode9. i saw your post a week ago but didn't reply because it seemed pretty basic to me as i have an adsense account.i am writing now because people are getting the wrong impression. your tutorial and the implimentation of what you stated is in no way against google adsense terms of service. let's get the facts straight people. this tutorial was based on going directly to google adsense, logging in to your adsense account, and creating two boxes of code that google adsense gives you to paste on two pages of your website. in no way shape or form did this tutorial explain how to modify this code after google adsense generates it for you.i hope someone can delete the skeptical posts as well as mine. if not, mine will be to tell everyone that it was a great tutorial and it does not go against googles terms of service or any rules.i hate seeing one line posts that start a trend for other one liners or skeptisism when they don't even know what the heck they're talking about

i hate seeing one line posts that start a trend for other one liners or skeptisism when they don't even know what the heck they're talking about

i agree with you anwiii. some users really don't know what are they talking about, but claim that know better. this is great and legit tutorial. i also saw it before but i have seen my friend use that search engine, and he make it easy. people stop talking about things you have no idea about. :)

:D
I understand what the idea is all about.
But, I don't really get it when you say

7.) Please place the top-half code in your front page or any other pages that included a google search box.Please place the lower-half code in your resutl page that you have specified previous step.

A java script must begin with <script=.......> and end with </script> right?

So, when you split it all into two, I think it won't work.

Please show me an example...

Thanks.

:P
Edited by wgn_white (see edit history)

i just did give an example. it was a good tutorial. i suggest following it and then you will see first hand what he's talking about. in google, there are two different code. one for the search page(the page where you will input your search terms) and the results page(the page after you click the search button, it has to give you results, right? well, that is the results page. look at any serch engine page. you have the main page where you will enter your keywords to search for and then after you click to search, you are taken to a different page to list you the results you requested.

the reason this tutorial is handy is because the regular google search bar will take you off your website. his tutorial is how you would go about setting up a search pages that wont direct your visitors to another website. you keep your template and links. it's very handy :P and i think since it's adsense, you can keep earning money from the clicks since the visitors aren't redirected.

i haven't tried this servie from google yet but i may think about it after i get my business website up and running just to see exactly how usefull it is.

:D I understand what the idea is all about.
But, I don't really get it when you say

A java script must begin with <script=.......> and end with </script> right?

So, when you split it all into two, I think it won't work.

Please show me an example...

Thanks.

:D

For some reason, my adsense account doesn't work... I didn't get banned, nor did I delete it. Anyone knows if it expires after a certain time you don't log in or something?

OK I was wrong!I had missed a step the last time I tried. So I had a very different impression. The tutorial is really great!Adsense setup page does show two text-boxes one having the top-half code and the other having the lower-half code. So no real risks in using it.Sorry for my blunder! :PThe mods can take off my prev reply!

Edited by angad619 (see edit history)

For some reason, my adsense account doesn't work... I didn't get banned, nor did I delete it. Anyone knows if it expires after a certain time you don't log in or something?

hmmm i never heard of that. i know from personal experience that if you don't log in over a year, your account is still active. but i was still running ads on a website at the time so maybe if anyone clicking on an ad will trigger activity. how long was it since you tried to log in and did you have a website running adsense ads during that time? also, are you sure you have your user name and passowrd correct? i don't know exactly what you mean by "it doesn't work". is it that you can't log on or is it that you can log in but can't do anything once logged in. some sites, if they think there is an assumed security threat, they will suspend accounts until they can veryify who you are then allow you to change your password. and your account is reactivated to normal status.