xisto Community
krazygoddess

Overwhelmed At Trap17 Free Web Hosting, No Ads? Dont let it happen to you.

This is my second day at trap 17 and now I am having a great time here. If you are new to Xisto I hope this can help you at least a little bit. When I first came here yesterday I was so overwhelmed because everything was so new to me and there is SO much to read. Well its not as bad as it looks, There is alot to read but you can still post or ask questions or have a chat with someone in the shoutbox. Anyway when i first got here yesterday I just read and read posts and other helpful stuff I found, I got a little discouraged at some of the posts that I saw, but I asked questions. I got a little upset by one in paticular, I almost gave up and left. (Im very glad I didnt) I just took a little break walked away from pc for a bit and thought about Xisto the whole time. After about 30 min or so I came back started poking around and reading again, and started to relax a little and have fun. Well as I mentioned ealier today is my second day, and when I woke up this morning the first thing I did was reply to a few posts I left the night b4 and then applied for my Hosting account now im at the end of day 2 I am still reading and learning but I have my site up and running, although it still needs alot of work. But back to my point. It is a little heck even alot overwhelming when you first get here especially if you have never been a part of anything like this community before. But please give it a little time before you just walk away for good. If you get frustrated take a break play agame, watch tv do something just for a shortwhile then come back. at least give it a little effort before you leave it is definately worth it, and everyone here has been wonderful. :)

I'm glad that Xisto has so many forums and so many categories to host many different topics of discussions! Otherwise nobody can get their free host quickly :) Xisto sure is huge, but as long as you look through the whole forum and understand what all the categories are and what are they for, then you should be fine. The first thing to do in any forum, large or not, is to always read the forum rules.

Well have so many categories is great but you need to be able to post in them effectively by expanding your knowledge in each category, that way you don't get stuck on one forum and begin to post on topics that are very old and or posting on topics that don't contribute to the overall topic. Well krazygoddess best place to start in posting or reading topics is the latest topics or latest posts that way you can get an idea where to start off with, and once you get comfortable you can begin roaming the forums and start posting in topics that are just a bit older and that you can contribute on. Of course don't forget to use the shoutbox and or the pm system to ask a Xisto maverick a question, but like buff said if you check out the Xisto read me everything you really need to know is there and then you don't have to post topics on common questions.

Well krazygoddess, that's almost exactly what happened to me, although it's not the first time I use a forum, but the same thing happened that I had to read a lot to have my questions answered, but what I can tell is, it worth it to the extreme, very good and helpful topics, admin and moderators, the best part happened today when I got my hosting account, I subscribed to plan 2, I found that my BW is 10 GB instead of 5 GB, I contacted BuffaloHELP and he told me that it was upgraded !! That's really interesting as these guys offer free hosting with paid features, and also they actually improving it, when I logged into my CPanel, WOW that's amazing, so many features, I love it and I love the under commitment over delivery concept, thanks guys.

I certainly have to agree with you, the first few days here were pretty confusing. There is so much to read and rules to figure out and all the forum enhancmnents that you have to figure out how to use. It is pretty daunting at first. I would even try to make a post and then forget where I'd made it as there are so many options. I spent a lot of hours diging threw old posts and the posts about all the rules, till I thought I was going to go cross eye. But, in the end, it is all very well worth it. My web site is up, and has stayed up, no down time at all, no crashes, and best thing yet, no monthly bill to pay!!!

I really love Xisto.I am really amazed with its great set of features and everything free of cost.Its got bounch of forums with all useful tips, I dont know how to thank Xisto for getting me a hosting so quick.